Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATED!!! 7 year old boy drew THIS for my daughter?!?!?! :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 236 Replies

Mobile Photo

Sorry if the picture is sideways. I can't get it to rotate. :( The top says "I lick it"

A boy in my daughter's class drew this for her today. They are both 7 and in 1st grade. DD thinks it's supposed to say "I like it". This just looks totally wrong to me. My questions are 1. If it is supposed to say "like", then what is he portraying himself liking??? and 2. Why is he in his underwear with hearts on them?

Do you think it's an honent mistake or do you think this kid knows too much for a 7 year old?

If you think it was intended to be sexual, what would you do about it?

He drew her another picture today and it was the snail from Turbo! My daughter told the boy that her mom was wondering who the other picture was..... It was the guy from Penguins of Madagascar (I hadn't seen it until another poster suggested that may be it.)

For all the ladies who said I was "making WAY too big of a deal out of it", I didn't take it to the school, I never said he definitely meant it in a dirty way. I came here to see what other OPINIONS y'all would have.

I'm glad it turned out innocent!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM
33 moms liked this
It looks like the lemur guy from Penguins from Madagascar. King Julien.(sp). He sings a dumb song I like to move it move it. At the end he says I like it.
I've watched that dang movie and now there's a TV show about. My four year old really likes the song.
seksen
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM
12 moms liked this
Omg I'm sorry i have a weird sense of humor but I laughed.. They are 7. He probably doesn't quite understand. .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's cute!!! Wouldn't bother me. I don't look too into that stuff though. He drew a pic and said I like it. Could have been anything.

I thought the hearts were pockets
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I'm going to look that up right now! Oh God, I hope it's a movie reference!
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I think I would ask the boy what he meant.  Your dd might be right he might have meant I like it.  I'm more concerned with that face--damn that looks creepy, lol

Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:53 PM
6 moms liked this
I think it's supposed to say "like", the "underwear" are shorts, and he's used to seeing man boobs from overweight family. As the mother of an almost 6 yr old, I see nothing sexual.
As far as what he "likes", it could be anything from DD's hair to a popcycle. Kids' minds aren't very focused at that age.
my2kids0506
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:53 PM
20 moms liked this
I want to know why the drawing has moobs????
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:55 PM
17 moms liked this

I  fail to see what the big deal is, but then again, I'm not a paranoid freak that reads too much into every little thing. It's a drawing by a 7 y.o boy, most kids don't have the greatest ability to draw, at least not IRL they don't, in this group I'm sure all the kids are on their way to be famous artists.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it IS supposed to say "I like it." That's a common spelling error at that age.

I can't say I understand the picture, but I don't understand most of my 7yo's drawings either. He usually has to explain them to me.

grapesandwrath
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:57 PM
4 moms liked this

My first thought was this is a wrestler. from WWE. hence the shorts with hearts, but no shirt, and muscled chest. (or at least the best he could manage lol) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)