Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

C Section Mamas

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 144 Replies

When were you able to go on walks?  When did you feel up for going to the grocery store?  When were you able to sit up without pain or lay on your side?

I'm asking because everyone seems shocked at my recovery.  I am 14 days postpartum and have been walking a mile a day for about 4 days now.  I was walking around the grocery store 2 days postpartum.  I am even five pounds under my prepregnancy weight.  

Is that normal or am I just a lucky super fast healer?

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cakklove
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM

BUMP

cakklove
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:46 PM

BUMP

cakklove
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:47 PM

BUMP

BaltimoreBaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends. I was up and walking that day. I never took anything but Tylenol. I went to the store 3 days pp. I slept on my side, etc, that night. I shaved my legs in the shower the next day.

It only hurt when I laughed or sneezed, and only maybe a 6 out of 10 then.

So it depends.
1stpreggers
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Umm I got my staples out after three days I was walking by then but not far. I drove at a about week which was a bad idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I was in pain for a week or two. My 1st section I also had a broken rib. My second one wasn't as bad and I was shopping that week. My third one was easy as well...I was sore a week.or.two I think mainly due to the staples. My fourth one recovery was longer due to my uterus rupturing during the csection
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My first c-section it took me about 4 weeks before I was up to anything. However, she was an emergency and I was in labor 72 hours before the c-section.

My second I was traveling 1500 miles 2 weeks from the day I had him. I drove my car.

The twins I was back to work within 2 weeks and normal activity after a week.

As for the weight gain, my first took a year to lose. My second took 3 years. As the twins I weighed less the day I left the hospital than the day I found out I was pregnant with them.
cakklove
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM

BUMP

staci1103

I've had only one out of 4 and I was able to walk as soon as a couple of days after.  I drove 10 days after which wasn't the bet thing.

cakklove

You're tougher than me!!  I'm still on percoset.  

Quoting BaltimoreBaby: It depends. I was up and walking that day. I never took anything but Tylenol. I went to the store 3 days pp. I slept on my side, etc, that night. I shaved my legs in the shower the next day. It only hurt when I laughed or sneezed, and only maybe a 6 out of 10 then. So it depends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)