Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you think only poor and uneducated people shop at dollar stores & discount grocery stores.....

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 4:21 AM
  • 19 Replies
4 moms liked this
That's nothing... I sometimes use coupons when we go out to dinner or buy fast food! Once or twice a week, we get local businesses' shopper's guide magazines and ads. They have a lot of coupons that are like buy one, get one half off or even free. It's smart to use them.... They are there for a reason, just like dollar stores and low end grocery stores. Since when does SAVING money mean we're uneducated and poor? See, if you can't figure out that saving money on buying things you need and want is a GOOD thing, maybe you're educated, with no common sense. Just saying.
by on May. 1, 2014 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
want10more
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this

can't agree more. i am educated. tho i must say that our family, while not really POOR, struggles w/ med bills. i would LOVE to learn how to be an extreme couponer, but i just can't see the sense in having 175 toothbrushes! heh

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Keep the ones you want, donate the rest and enjoy the tax deduction. :)

And I agree op. If it's free, it's for me. If it makes me money... it's on lol

Quoting want10more:

can't agree more. i am educated. tho i must say that our family, while not really POOR, struggles w/ med bills. i would LOVE to learn how to be an extreme couponer, but i just can't see the sense in having 175 toothbrushes! heh

lulalacroix
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Our family does make more than the average US family.  I use coupons on a regular basis.  We have even more money because I save it!

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 1, 2014 at 4:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Some of the wealthiest people I know are also the thriftiest. 

want10more
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:15 AM

i KNOW right? it'd be such fun to figger out just how to do that, then donate to the local food pantry! and women's shelter too! but we don't have that double coupon thingee here. so i think it'd not work........

Quoting thefiregoddess: Keep the ones you want, donate the rest and enjoy the tax deduction. :) And I agree op. If it's free, it's for me. If it makes me money... it's on lol
Quoting want10more:

monkeymommy325
by on May. 3, 2014 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my college degree before I could legally drink and I am a couponer. I know how to stretch a dollar and get the most for my money. That is why my family has the nice things we have, because I am EDUCATED enough to know not to throw my money out the window.
ChunkyBunny
by Princess FluffyButt on May. 3, 2014 at 3:20 AM
You can do it without doubles :)

Quoting want10more:

i KNOW right? it'd be such fun to figger out just how to do that, then donate to the local food pantry! and women's shelter too! but we don't have that double coupon thingee here. so i think it'd not work........

Quoting thefiregoddess: Keep the ones you want, donate the rest and enjoy the tax deduction. :) And I agree op. If it's free, it's for me. If it makes me money... it's on lol
Quoting want10more:

want10more
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

ugh. then you must TEACH me, yoda! lol. it seems so much WORK! and i don't k now the ins and outs.........

Quoting ChunkyBunny: You can do it without doubles :)
Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

ChunkyBunny
by Princess FluffyButt on May. 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM
It's fairly easy once you grasp the concept.

I'm having an intestinal disease flare.. as soon as I recover from it I'll quote you with some instructions :)

Quoting want10more:

ugh. then you must TEACH me, yoda! lol. it seems so much WORK! and i don't k now the ins and outs.........

Quoting ChunkyBunny: You can do it without doubles :)
Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

the_dude
by abides on May. 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM
The dude abides. Nothing wrong with saving money. It adds up. Why pay more?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)