Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The father of my baby is not on the birth certificate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was with him for seven years, living together, engaged.  The last two years were a nightmare due to severe mental instabilities on his part.  Which lead to hopsital stays, self medicating with street drugs and lots of drinking.  He left me in July of last year, ran back home to mommy after his father passed away and he realized he was going to get a LARGE inheritance.  I was working two jobs, and finishing my degree.  In October I ended up in the ER for stomach pains and just not feeling good.  Long story short, I was pregnant.  Five months pregnant.  I was on the birth control patch, I was getting my period lightly, but I was so busy and stressed, I didnt think anything of it.  

I didn't tell him.  He made it clear he didn't want anything to do with me.  His mother even said to stay away, because they have too much to deal with.  I heard that he had been traveling and partying and spending his inheritance, quit his job.

The baby was born 2 months ago.  I did not list a father on the birth certificate.  We are happy, things are great.  I received my degree, returned to work.  

I am not telling my ex that he has a baby.  I know I may regret it later and I will deal with that.  I won't lie to my son, I will let him know why I made my decision.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 1, 2014 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That might be for the best, as much as you'll probably get bashed for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 7:36 AM
No father listed on my oldest BC too. But the father knows. 11 yrs later, they've never met.
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on May. 1, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Congratulations on your son.

Do you have a way of sort of keeping tabs on him?

If he straightened his life up, would you tell him?

JALang6
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM

My daughter doesn't have a father listed on her birth cert either but for different reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I know it is selfish, but I have to protect my baby, and his family has become a train wreck nightmare.  Money really got to their heads quickly.  And I have enough with dealing with the thought of his mental problems, possibly being passed down to my son.

Quoting Sparklepants747:

That might be for the best, as much as you'll probably get bashed for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Aw, I'm sorry.  

Quoting Anonymous: No father listed on my oldest BC too. But the father knows. 11 yrs later, they've never met.

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Congratulations I think you're doing the right thing
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Thank you!

Yes, I do.  I have his SS number, everything about his family.  I certainly would, absolutely, tell him if he straightens up.  The last I heard from him, was a voice mail at 3am, begging me to tell him my password to my email, because he couldn't get into his Playstation account that was set up through me.  Followed by a text cussing me out because he couldnt get in.  I instantly thought, yeah, this would not work.  

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

Congratulations on your son.

Do you have a way of sort of keeping tabs on him?

If he straightened his life up, would you tell him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Thank you, it hasnt been an easy decision.  My father struggled with supporting my decision.  But realized, his family and him are unstable and have money.  Not a good combination.

Quoting graybealgirl: Congratulations I think you're doing the right thing

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM
I think this is the right choice for now. Especially if you can comfortably support your son on your own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)