Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I'm on meds and pregnant, should I lose my baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

So, this is my third child and pregnancy. Currently nine weeks along. Other two children, no meds. Had been diagnosed with some very painful medical issues and was put on norco for quite awhile. Was looking at a hysterectomy due to health issues, but being only 28 my doc wasn't in support yet. So used nuvaring. Used it correctly, and ended up pg. this baby will be loved and cherished just FYI. I was on bout ten various meds, now down to the norco at a low dose and a plan to eventually end it and only thyroid meds. While I don't love the idea of norco, the doctors felt its safe and often prescribed during pregnancy compared to other meds. I worked hard to get off the rest. So should I lose my baby, in light of all the new posts I have seen on here? I take vitamins, eat healthy, and limit caffeine, don't smoke or drink and hope to be off these soon. I am consumed with guilt and worry, and then see these articles and posts and want to crawl in a hole. I agree with pg moms not being able to drink/ use drugs, but its a slippery slope. What do you think? Please try to be kind.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katydid150
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:24 AM
You are under a doctor's care. Of course you should be able to keep your child.

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:24 AM
If you're doctor has prescribed meds for you, and knows the issues and what you're taking, your child will not be taken. Those laws are for irresponsible mothers who are shooting up while pregnant.
Aislin
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course not. You are taking medicine for a medical condition. Don't let these women stress you out and make you feel bad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Honestly, comapring your own situation with others is pointless, especially if you are basing your situation on whether or not CM's people think it's right or wrong. IF your doc is telling you that it is safe and you trust him/her stick with that. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Do the best you can do for your baby and leave it at that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Prescribed meds under an MD's care are a far cry from heroin and crack purchased on the corner from Big Jizzy. I think you already know that though.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 1, 2014 at 8:28 AM
I was unable to get off my mood stabilizer and anti psychotic while pregnant. I felt awful about. Everything turned out ok though.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is between you and your doctor to decide what is and isnt safe for your pregnancy. There is also a big difference between using medication for health reasons and recreational reasons.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Quoting katydid150: You are under a doctor's care. Of course you should be able to keep your child.
AllieReed
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:30 AM
You are in a benefit/risk situation. I'm sure that your doctor will do everything possible to keep you & baby safe. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Thinking of you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I don't think you should lose your baby BUT I also don't think you should be on any kind of drugs, even though they are legal, (unless they are life saving ones)  Keep in mind that there could still be issues with your baby.  I hope not though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)