Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does Mother’s Day actually look like to you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Maybe the kids served you breakfast in bed but didn't make it to the bed, or maybe nobody does anything special and you spend the day cleaning?

Whatever your Mother's Day typically looks like, show us in pictures!

by on May. 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
Yum_Cupcakes
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Same as any other day.

GypsiSky
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM

My husband and kids give me gifts (before I'm fully awake, lol). We go to church and after, my husband prepares dinner... Whatever I want. Last year I had a raw vegan chef for the day because he couldn't figure out how to make what I really wanted. I made it easier for him this year, lol.

Ray-of-Beezy
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Last year I woke up early, washed my car while DH and DS were still asleep, picked up some kolaches on the way home from the car wash, then we went to the zoo, then down to Galveston for dinner at Saltgrass and a walk on the beach.

I'm not sure what we will be doing this year, we may have to celebrate a little early or do a combo Mom and Dad's day later because I think my husband will be out of town.
Jessy76
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Mother's day this year will be spent putting the final touches on graduation outfits and getting everything ready for the big day. The twins graduate on the 13th! We are all so excited!

PeppermintyTea
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Mobile Photo

My husband is away this year, but last time he was my sons surprised me completely on their own with homemade cards, and toast in bed. It was so sweet. So idk something like this most years. Silly, and happy.
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM

It's just another day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM

We are always up to my parents because we celebrate my nephews birthday the day before. So I celebrate half of Mothers day with my mom which is wonderful!!  Then we come home and the day is like any other. Nothing special really happens. Dh might get me a card. Kids don't do anything because he doesn't get them to do anything.

I would love for the boys to make me a card. Maybe some flowers but a card just from my kids would be nice. I don't expect anything from my dh because I am not his mom.

Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on May. 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I dont get a mothers day. I never do.

MommyKir
by Kay on May. 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM

no pics since we dont do anything that requires taking photos, I get a card from Dh and the kids if I am lucky. And I don't have to cook or clean. It becomes take out night, and Dh makes sure the kids pick up after themselves. And I tend to read alot that day, so i can relax Dh plays with the kids all day. But this year I want to go hiking.

oliveoil423
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:00 PM

spending the day with my lil one. and get all kinds of crazy. we usually go out for breakfast or lunch. depends. but last year my daughter got me a heart shaped locket as a necklace cant find it. but i showed my husband what i want this year and hoping to get. its a necklace with my daughters birth stone the new babys and my husbands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)