Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does Mother’s Day actually look like to you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Maybe the kids served you breakfast in bed but didn't make it to the bed, or maybe nobody does anything special and you spend the day cleaning?

Whatever your Mother's Day typically looks like, show us in pictures!

by on May. 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:19 PM

nah I'm good with NO!! Breakfast in Bed got hot oatmeal dump all in my hair an on my breast a couple of yrs ago....an strawberry jelly in my freaking ear...ha ha ha ha ha.......give me a new flowering plant an a tomato plant an out to eat an call it even..ha ha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2014 at 2:48 PM

It's my day

no cooking, cleaning,etc.

oh wait that's like ever day for me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Probably nothing. :-/
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I have to go to work 7 am to 3 pm

ilovecandy
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM

same as every other day, wake up, make breakfast, spend the day dealing with kids and countdown for bedtime

prov31woman424
by on May. 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Mother's Day is going to church with my husband and daughter and enjoying the rest of the day together as a family doing whatever we feel up to doing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 1, 2014 at 3:46 PM

When they were younger my oldest decided around the age of 6 ,he is 29 now, I really ,really wanted cupcakes for breakfast so my husband and he made cupcakes the day before ...lol...I wasn't allowed in the kitchen and had to act like I didn't know what was going on.It is now a tradition though recently it is a mix of homemade ...  oldestand his wife make at their house and my fave store dulce de leche cupcakes from my college age daughter ,son and teen.Our college age kids dont get home from college...end of semester ...till Sat.My poor husband just really sucks at baking even after 23 years but he helps scramble some great eggs .

So we start with cupcakes and eggs .Sunday School then meet with my mom,my sister and her family .Some years we all go out ,other years the husbands and kids grill hambergers ,chicken and salmon .They order sides if we stay in.I love Indian no one in my family or extended family cares much for it so during the week after my kids get quiet ,eat butter chicken and happily go out for Indian with me.This year is even a better year ,my oldest and my d-i-l come here .They live out of town and take turns between her mom and me.Personally I can't wait till they don't come because they have a baby....hint hint hint.LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 1, 2014 at 3:56 PM

it looks fucking stressful. I have to first go see my stepmom, then my mil then my grandma/mom there is no relaxing and the bulk of the childcare in the midst of that still falls on me. And then since I work full time I still have fit in laundry, cleaning, and packing for the work/school week as well........SO FUCKING FUN.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:14 PM
It's different all the time. Maybe I do the usual, but my husband gets me something nice. Maybe I lounge around all day and get waited on. Maybe I go out with a friend. Maybe we go out as a family.

My husband works on Sunday and my son gets surgery on Wednesday. It's minor, so it's possible by then he'll feel better (he's had this surgery before and has actually gone and played at the park the next day lol) but it's also possible I'll be waiting on him all day still. We'll see how it goes, hopefully I get to celebrate in some way!
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 1, 2014 at 5:11 PM

hubby at work and me fixing him dinner when he gets home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)