Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have any physical issues you would leave over?

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 426 Replies
Could your spouse come down with anything that would make you divorce him or her?

I have 3 I wouldn't be able to deal with.

AIDS/ HIV

If he cheats we are done but even if he got it through no of his own I can't deal with that. I also love sex and would never be able to do that with him again. I would be too scared I would get it too.

Erectile Dysfunction

I have a low self esteem and if he can't get it up I would end up thinking it was me. It wouldn't matter if the dr told me himself it had to only do with a medical condition. It would forever be in the back of my mind he isn't attracted to me. I'm not putting myself through that heartache.

Traumatic Brain injury

I'm talking so bad he is drooling on himself and cannot do anything for himself. That would rip
Me apart.

Anything else medical I think we can survive. You?

by on May. 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5kidsILove
by on May. 1, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Bump
suzanneyea
by on May. 1, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Mental illness , including addiction.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM
43 moms liked this

Well, I hate to break it to you, but at some point in their lives, every man gets erectile dysfunction.  So, for when he turns 50 (or younger), you might as well plan the divorce now.   

5kidsILove
by on May. 1, 2014 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this
That's not true at all

Quoting chalisa0:

Well, I hate to break it to you, but at some point in their lives, every man gets erectile dysfunction.  So, for when he turns 50 (or younger), you might as well plan the divorce now.   

katemckenzie
by Kate on May. 1, 2014 at 1:07 PM
115 moms liked this
Wow. You would divorce your husband for becoming a vegetable? All of these are pathetic excuses for divorce.
You should just leave your husband now. Let him find someone who understands what "in sickness and in health" really means.
chairhead28
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:07 PM
18 moms liked this
I don't think I could leave my husband, ever, just because of a medical condition, no matter what that condition was.
I watched my mother care for my father, who was diagnosed at 40 with a rare type of follicular lymphoma, for four years before he passed away. The things that disease put my father through, and my mother for that matter, were absolutely terrible.
I wouldn't give up on the one person I love more than anyone in the world, ESPECIALLY during a difficult time.
Coffee.Ganja87
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this
You're kidding right?
Coffee.Ganja87
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM
11 moms liked this
Obviously this bitch doesn't get the concept of unconditional love, or her marriage vows for that matter.

Quoting chairhead28: I don't think I could leave my husband, ever, just because of a medical condition, no matter what that condition was.
I watched my mother care for my father, who was diagnosed at 40 with a rare type of follicular lymphoma, for four years before he passed away. The things that disease put my father through, and my mother for that matter, were absolutely terrible.
I wouldn't give up on the one person I love more than anyone in the world, ESPECIALLY during a difficult time.
IfTheTiaraFits
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM
9 moms liked this
I wouldn't. I've been married to my husband for 20 years. He's seen me at my best and my worst. I can't fathom leaving him over a health issue.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I don't know that I could ever leave him for brain damage or ED but aids/HIV would def make me think about it. That would mean he cheated. If I had it too then I might be more inclined to work it out tho 😕
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)