Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I kicked my sister out of my wedding

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
More like turned her away at the door. I got married 2 weeks ago and had a "no kids" wedding. That excluded my kids and step kids, who were in the bridal party. Besides that, NO KIDS. Not at the ceremony, not at the reception. It was a small wedding and honestly we wouldn't have minded eloping. So my sister shows up with her 3 month old. I had an usher come and ask me, and I told his no kids. Her response? He's the exception because she's nursing him.
DON'T CARE. NO KIDS.
So now she thinks I'm against breastfeeding. Which is ridiculous. I nursed all my kids. She's such a brat.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM
3 moms liked this
You would rather stick to your guns ("DON'T CARE. NO KIDS.") than share your special day with your sister? You sound like the brat.
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Shitty troll
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Then you wouldn't have come and I wouldn't have cared. See how easy that would have been?

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't have gone to your wedding. I don't go anywhere my children aren't invited.

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Ehh, well I'm sure all parties will swollow their pride and move on. Not that big of a deal, not like your wedding was ruined and it's nor like she was horribly inconvienced (sp)
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM
4 moms liked this

I understand a no kids wedding....but we are talking about a three month old nursling here...not a destructive toddler. Typically newborns are the exception to that rule. Hopefully she took back the wedding gift and didn't spend any money to be kicked out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I assumed she understood the invitation, she never called to question. We aren't that close

Quoting Wendi2247: I get the no kids at weddings thingbut I don't get turning away a loved one because they have to bring their child. I would rather have the people I love there, and deal with the baby, than not have her there at all. And surely you knew your Sister has a new born? You guys didn't discuss this beforehand?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Well I'm  sure  that   if  you  HAD  expressed  to her   clearly  that  children  even  breastfeeding  babies  weren't  welcome    that wouldn't  have happened.    Sometimes  with  people   to  make  sure they  understand  what  we  are telling   them  you  have to ask  them  to repeat  back  to  you  what  you  said  and then  explain it.  That way  you  can  see  how they  interpreted  whatever. 

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I don't believe this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM
My special day was shared with my husband and our children. I would have been equally happy eloping with no guests but he wanted a party

Quoting Anonymous: You would rather stick to your guns ("DON'T CARE. NO KIDS.") than share your special day with your sister? You sound like the brat.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

So you were clear from the start that no kids were allowed?

On the one hand, I can see your side.  You made it clear out the door that there were NO kids.  And having heard many a newborn scream through the whole ceremony, I can't blame people for not wanting that in the background if they are paying to have it recorded.  Nothing like shelling out the cash for a video of the wedding and the only thing you can hear is an upset baby.

On the other, the way you're talking about it, just the tone, makes you come across as cold hearted and mean.

Nursing Moms don't have some special rights over all others.  When I was nursing, I had to miss out on some things because I didn't have milk pumped.  That was MY choice as a mother, not the host's or bride's choice to make.  And I respected that.  I'd call and ask for an exception, and if they didn't want to allow it, no problem.  I never showed up knowing they had a problem with it and expecting my magic milk to get me in the door.

As a bride or hostess, I'd try to be accomodating for nursing infants.  But again, it is MY choice to make at that point.  Right now, my son is throwing the biggest fit I've EVER seen so I'm inclined to say I wouldn't mind making a NO CHILDREN event quite soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)