Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nothing is working!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My 1 1/2 year old won't stop playing in the litter box. Every time I turn around she's running to it and more. I can't clean without her getting into it. She goes to play with her brother in te play room and then she runs to play in the box when I turn to go to the bathroom, clean or anything else. I told her brother to keep a new on her so I can clean for little bit but he doesn't. He's staring at her playing in it and laughing. She also was te litter. I have no other place for it l. I'm not getting rid of the cat. Any ideas? I tried tapping her butt lightly but that doesn't help.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Anywhere you can put it that she can't get to it
cinnamonkiti
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM

You don't have it somewhere that you can shut the door?

We always kept ours in the bathroom when I was a kid....

MommyKir
by Kay on May. 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Where in your house is it? Anyway you could place it in the bathroom and instal a swing gate outside the door, so the cats can jump over that to use it but she cant get to it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM
No. It's by the funace. There's no room in the bathroom. I wanted to put it upstairs but my older cat (rescued abused cat) upstairs HATES other cats and idk if she would refuse to use he box if I put it by hers.

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

You don't have it somewhere that you can shut the door?

We always kept ours in the bathroom when I was a kid....

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM
A baby gate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Bathroom is too small and I have a gate but the little corner is in is so small idk if there's a gate that small.

Quoting MommyKir:

Where in your house is it? Anyway you could place it in the bathroom and instal a swing gate outside the door, so the cats can jump over that to use it but she cant get to it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Hold on I'll take a pic
Anouck
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I have 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 2 kids. My kids are old enough to know better now, unfortunately the dogs are not (KITTY ROCCA, YAY!). And when my kids were younger, they were fascinated too. I got one of these: 

And cordoned off part of the kitchen. The cats could get in and out, the dogs and kids couldn't/can't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM
I might need to get that because the kitty's food dish is in the kitchen and she loves to play with it.

Quoting Anouck:

I have 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 2 kids. My kids are old enough to know better now, unfortunately the dogs are not (KITTY ROCCA, YAY!). And when my kids were younger, they were fascinated too. I got one of these: 

And cordoned off part of the kitchen. The cats could get in and out, the dogs and kids couldn't/can't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)