Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unfair parenting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I know it isn't possible to be completely fair with your kids: they are different people who react to things differently, who have different interests, and who connect with us differently.
However, I can't stand parents who are blatantly unfair.

Example: DH had to buy his own first car. It was a beat up cheap truck, because it was all he could afford. However, they provided cars for both of his siblings when they turned 16.

Example: They wouldn't help DH through college in any way. They are helping his sister out with room/board and with paying for classes.

Have you ever experienced this kind of unequal treatment?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:49 PM
My parents are dead drug addicts.

I have twenty siblings. Majority of us have different mothers.

So, no. Lol

My sister does that though. Her youngest daughter is thinner and more feminine than the oldest. Only youngest dd gets to go out on spa days and mall crawls while oldest is left alone.
nopenope666
by on May. 1, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Yup.
My mom bought my younger sister two cars, put her through school, and still buys her all kinds of ipads and laptops and junk for Christmas, lol. She gets me makeup from Wal-Mart, its always been like that.

What's the reasoning behind your dh being treated differently though, i wonder.
catcameback
by on May. 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I had lots of unfair parenting growing up.

It was unfair that my mother never bothered to buy food or heat and spent all her money on men and drugs. It was unfair that although my sister and I are twins, our parents split custody 1 kid each instead of 50/50 or every other weekend like normal people.

It was unfair my mother hated me because I was born second and she didn't want twins, she wanted a single birth.

Does that count?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Yes, I am not the favorite child.

Example: My mom threw all my kids stuff she had on my lawn an hour before I had to be at work and said "have fun finding a babysitter" 

I was a single mom unable to afford childcare. However my mother has always been at my sister's beck and call free of charge even though my sister had help from her in laws and everyone else. 

I had to buy my first car. My mom gave my sister her 2k for her down payment. 

There are tons more. It still happens and my kids are not treated like my sister's kids. However I have finally just gotten over it. When my sister was bragging about all the shit my mom buys her kids last time I told her that was awesome and I was thankful thet even though mom doesn't spoil mine at least I can since dh made 8 k after taxes that month, lol! Sister has finally stfu about all the shit my mom buys her kids. And yes I have told my mom how unequal she is and she tried to deny it until I started giving her real life examples and she shrugged 

For mothers day she gets a $5 lotto ticket and a card. I have also told her and my sister that when mom dies do not expect a dime from me to help with burial expenses. My mom does not save any money. ALL her extra money is spent spent on my sister and her family and she has nothing saved toward her eventual demise. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 12:03 AM
I hate to say it but...... DH's mom is on husband number 3. DH's siblings are his biologically while DH isn't.

It makes me so mad.

Quoting nopenope666: Yup.
My mom bought my younger sister two cars, put her through school, and still buys her all kinds of ipads and laptops and junk for Christmas, lol. She gets me makeup from Wal-Mart, its always been like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Ouch! Seems pretty unfair to me.

Quoting catcameback:

It was unfair that my mother never bothered to buy food or heat and spent all her money on men and drugs. It was unfair that although my sister and I are twins, our parents split custody 1 kid each instead of 50/50 or every other weekend like normal people.

It was unfair my mother hated me because I was born second and she didn't want twins, she wanted a single birth.

Does that count?

catcameback
by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:05 AM

It is what it is.  We're adults now.  DH should move on.  Life is what you make of it.

Quoting Anonymous: Ouch! Seems pretty unfair to me.
Quoting catcameback:

Does that count?

Baby4us09
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have. I don't resent it. It has made me a stronger person.

nopenope666
by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Well, there you have it. For me, it's because my moms bf hates me. Hes a super conservative italian Catholic. So, everything about me is pretty much evil.
Oh, and he "hates niggers", theres that too. Which is confusing, since he throws money at my full sister left and right lol

Quoting Anonymous: I hate to say it but...... DH's mom is on husband number 3. DH's siblings are his biologically while DH isn't.

It makes me so mad.

Quoting nopenope666: Yup.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM

My parents bought my youngest sister her first car but the rest of us bought our own but in their defense she is MUCH younger than us and their financial situation was a lot better when she was the right age so I was never miffed about that BUT I do get a little miffed about the fact that my mom now buys my sisters computers, IPADs, ETC for Christmas and if I get anything its a DVD.    She claims that because my mil buys me stuff she shouldn't have to.  That doesn't make sense to me but I deal with it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)