Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you really never go anywhere your kids aren't invited???

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 356 Replies
20 moms liked this

Someone made a comment earlier that they would never go anywhere their kids weren't invited. That just blows my mind. I'm going to a concert next week that is 18 and up, so clearly my kids can't go. I'm going out with some friends to a club for a girls night out in a few weeks also. I don't go out without my kids often, it just so happened that these two things were so close together, but I can't imagine not going somewhere just because my kids couldn't go. Do you ladies really never go out on dates with your DH? Or have a girls night every once in a while? I'm not talking every day, or even every week, but I mean once in a while being an adult is important. Your kids aren't going to suffer if you're away from them for a few hours, and after getting out of the house you'll probably be in a better state of mind to deal with their kid antics lol.

by on May. 1, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 1, 2014 at 11:50 PM
12 moms liked this
I'm with you on this one. I just don't get it.
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM
11 moms liked this

Well, it's not really about invites, but when ours were little (they are 16 and 17 now) we didn't use any babysitters.  If we went out, we went out as a family.  DH and I go out alone now, but obviously we can leave a 16 an 17 year old at home, lol.  It never bothered us.  Just wasn't a big deal.

Lolabearlow
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM
10 moms liked this
I cut the cord so yes I leave my beloved kidling ocasionally and indulge in adult heverages with dh while said kidling eats mac and cheese with a baby siter.
I'm clearly going to hell, want to join me? Lol
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 1, 2014 at 11:52 PM
5 moms liked this

Of course I do. But there are some women who swear they don't. Whatever.

diesel_darling
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
We do but, more often than not, we can't. Not because we won't but because of sitter issues.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I don't get it either... But I'm somewhat in the same boat. If my baby isn't invited, I wouldn't be able to go. Not until she's weaned. Though, most people don't mind little babies that are mostly quiet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I'm all about getting out once in a while...everyone needs adult time and a break

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't get it.

I just feel like people like that must have no life...and its very sad.
muzzyh
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't imagine skipping something because my kids aren't invited. I'd go nutso if I didn't get a sitter once in a while and go out with grown ups.
eykelley
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM
3 moms liked this
My grandparents, mom, & sisters LOVE watching our kiddos, which is awesome cux it gives us time to ourselves. We go out ever few weeks without the kids. I was a wife before i was a mother and I need to have quality time with DH too... ALONE!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN