Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this a relationship red flag?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just started dating my new bf a while back. he's a really great guy and very good looking and in great shape, tall, handsome, etc. He has a great job, amazing personality and always makes me laugh. We have been dating for around 7 weeks and we both agreed to take things slow so we haven't slept together yet (we are both coming out of divorces) but I honestly have a lot of feelings for him and could see it going somewhere.  

The other night I came over to his place and he was getting ready while I waited for him in his bedroom while he finished getting ready. He informed me that he was going to use the bathroom and then we could head out. While he was in there I glanced around the room and noticed he had his business clothes out and ready for work the next day. and then I looked next to them and saw these.....

(and yes I did take a picture to show my friends... haha judge away!) --- and for the record these are white.. not grey!

I showed it to a friend who I consider to be a relationship expert and she informed me she thinks its a red flag that he still has those underwear and that it shows that he tries to hold on to things that he should let go of. I know its such a silly thing to get worked up about but I don't understand why he's kept them for so long! He is a business man so he makes plenty of money and can obviously afford new underwear.

I'm not going to end the relationship over it or anything but am just curious to see if people agree with her.

Any thoughts??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Replies (61-70):
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I think your friend is silly and reading into way to much. He seems like any other guy to me.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Same here. Ick!

Quoting Anonymous: The fact that they are tighty grayies, I'd leave. Lol I can't stand a guy when he wears them. Don't know why. It's just weird to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM
9 moms liked this
Why yes, it is a red flag. Invading someone's privacy, posting it on a public forum, and showing your friends so you can all laugh at him is a huge red flag. Hopefully he sees the flag and run far, far away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

HUH over some undies that have no holes or stain and probably just faded? he probably just needs to use bleech with his whites maybe he put them in with colors that bled on to it?

Careeka22
by Caitlin on May. 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Yep this, my Dh still wear underwear with holes in them. Shoot I wear old things too until they are dead. I am a very clean, tidy, educated and easy going person. God forbid someone judged my undies. Oh and I get rid of things easily, in fact I get pitchitis a lot but who cares about underwear??

Quoting Hoppers33: He's a man...if he's anything like my dh, he wears clothes until they are completely unwearable anymore. Especially socks and underwear.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM
SO has underwear with holes. I have bought him new underwear (same brand) he says they feel funny.

Whatever. It's his ass. If he wants to wear holey underwear that's his business
MamaBear131716
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM
This!!! My dh has holes in almost every pair of his underwear and socks. Lol One day I am going to buy him all new stuff and throw all his old crap away.

Quoting Hoppers33: He's a man...if he's anything like my dh, he wears clothes until they are completely unwearable anymore. Especially socks and underwear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I would die. lol

SpaceBallz
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That is nasty as shit, and if my husband had underwear like that I would have reconsidered being with him. Luckily I married a hygienic man who would never let his underwear look like that, or get that bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
For some reason "butt hygiene" made me laugh.

Quoting Presley77: I would be more concerned about his butt hygiene.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN