Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All the doctors in my area are quacks!

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:23 AM
  • 4 Replies

My eyes have been itchy and swollen for a few weeks. At first I thought it was allergies but the last week I have been thinking its pink eye.

Last time I got it from the gym because some knob jockey didn't wipe down his machine like you are supposed to and I hadn't known so I got on did my workout and wham bam thank you mam I had a nice case of pink eye. 

Took forever to get rid of, and this feels like pink eye.. I am about to give birth, Could come at any time and I do not want to have pink eye when I am cuddling my newborn. 

Anyways I think my DH has gotten it and brought it back from the gym and I have caught it. 

I went to the doctor today and I told her I think its pink eye. She then told me that the pink eye is caused by pregnancy.. My DH told her that he has whatever it is too and he isn't pregnant. She was so rude to him and told him that what we have is completely different and that she wasn't talking to him yet (didn't even look at his eyes or ask him any questions) 

She told me it was probably just allergies even though only one eye is affected at a time. She wanted me to come back when it was swollen.. It takes so long to get into the doctors office my eye would be back to normal by the time I would get in.. 

I am just going to get treated 2 hours away when I have my baby in the hospital where there are competant doctors.. 

by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:40 AM

BUMP!

curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 3, 2014 at 4:44 AM
Yep she sounds like a quack. Sorry momma that sucks
ardiaxe
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:44 AM
You have conjunctivitis which is pink eye and it is highly contagious. Wash your hands everytime you touch your eye. If it gets worse you may need an antibiotic ointment to clear it up. The Dr was unprofessional and didn't want to admit to her mistake.
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Yeah we ended up walking out before she could prescribe me with anything. Will never see her again. I miss my old Doctor :( but she moved away.

Quoting ardiaxe: You have conjunctivitis which is pink eye and it is highly contagious. Wash your hands everytime you touch your eye. If it gets worse you may need an antibiotic ointment to clear it up. The Dr was unprofessional and didn't want to admit to her mistake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN