Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At what age?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

My 8yo...9 in august...was invited to a party next weekend. It's for a school friend. I have met the mom once at a charity car wash. Turns out our older sons play for the same baseball organization, but different age groups. 

So I don't know her well or really at all. 

I really don't want to stay. Is that acceptable?

Oh and my son wouldn't feel he needed me.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

i would say ask the parents not just leave your child on someone else

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:12 AM

If you're comfortable with leaving him, and especially after being at their home, I don't feel that you'd need to stay. He's old enough to be there for a few hours on his own.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I always ask the parents if they need me to hang out and be an extra set of hands or do they want me to drop and go. They always tell me what works best for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, thats what I was thinking. 

Quoting PPCLC:

If you're comfortable with leaving him, and especially after being at their home, I don't feel that you'd need to stay. He's old enough to be there for a few hours on his own.

highlandmum
by Spunky on May. 2, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Around here when you have a child's party the parent just drop off the child and leave.  Some parents may ask if they can stay for a short period, but I have never had one ask.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Well she invited him through facebook. It was pretty clear that it was just him being invited. It said "this is *****'s mommy, we are having a birthday party for **** and his friends on***** at *****. ****** would love if ***** could come"

So I think it's clear that I'm not invited, lol. I'm thinking it's up to me if I feel comfortable leaving him there. Which I think I do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

i would say ask the parents not just leave your child on someone else

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Thas what I'm thinking. He's my youngest, and honestly I can't remember when I started leaving the older kids at parties. It's been so long. 

Quoting highlandmum:

Around here when you have a child's party the parent just drop off the child and leave.  Some parents may ask if they can stay for a short period, but I have never had one ask.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Oh no, I wouldn't be interested in heling out. I don't do kids parties, lol. Does anyone actually ask you to stay and help? that seems rude. 

Quoting curvygurl1912: I always ask the parents if they need me to hang out and be an extra set of hands or do they want me to drop and go. They always tell me what works best for them.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I wouldnt offer if I wasnt willing to help out. I dont think it is rude at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no, I wouldn't be interested in heling out. I don't do kids parties, lol. Does anyone actually ask you to stay and help? that seems rude. 

Quoting curvygurl1912: I always ask the parents if they need me to hang out and be an extra set of hands or do they want me to drop and go. They always tell me what works best for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Oh no no, I'm not going to offer.

I guess I do think it's rude to invite people to your home and then put them to work. but maybe I'm old school. 

Quoting curvygurl1912: I wouldnt offer if I wasnt willing to help out. I dont think it is rude at all.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)