Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!!!!! SHE CAN DO WHAT SHE WANTS

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 183 Replies
17 moms liked this
with her money. Tomorrow is lemonade day and dd7 will have her lemonade stand set up with some goodies and if course lemonade. The other day at Costco getting her supplies, a lady asked her if she was having a lemonade stand, we had lemonade and cups in our basket, and dd proudly said "yes ma'am". The lady goes on to ask her what she is going to do with her money. DD happily says she's going to buy her little brother some toy cars, and save the rest for Disney world. We are going in September, trip is paid for and each kid has their own set amount for spending money, to use as the wish. DD has set this as her goal to take to Disney world and use some for baseball stuff. We of course will give her the money we already have saved and the money she gets from lemonade day will go into her savings account. Well little lady proceeds to tell her she is selfish and that the money she makes NEEDS to and SHOULD be donated to a charity. Then goes on to tell her about all these different charities she should donate to. Um, NO lady, it's DD's money and she can do what she wants with it. I told her, thank you for the info but she will not be donating to charity, she will keep her money. As I'm walking away, she says, "this is why we have such ungrateful children these days". Yea, whatever crazy lady. Ok, vent over. On to baking cooking cookies for lemonade day.

UPDATE!!!
Lil miss had a great day of selling lemonade!!! After 3 1/2 hours of business, she made about $220. Not to shabby! The top sellers, pickles and cookies and of course lemonade. She was so excited and ready to go out and but her little brother some new toys, we had to go right after we closed down her stand. She decided on stoping at Target and took her sweet time looking and deciding on the best toy cars/trucks for him. Once her decision was made, she was so proud to pay for them herself at the checkout. Little brother was so happy to have a few new toy cars and a dump truck. I will deposit the rest of her money into her savings account tomorrow.
by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this
I've never had anything but friendly excellent customer service at Costco. It's kind of their thing.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
3 moms liked this

There always has to be a killjoy. 

Wishing her good sales tomorrow!

embrigmom
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
15 moms liked this

I love when people think they can tell you what you should do with your money. I think it's wonderful that your dd wants to buy something for her brother.

Texasmama711
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Exactly, always a party pooper! And thanks,she is very excited :)

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

There always has to be a killjoy. 

Wishing her good sales tomorrow!

Texasmama711
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Thank you, she is very close to him and always thinks of him before herself. It's really a cute relationship they have :)

Quoting embrigmom:

I love when people think they can tell you what you should do with your money. I think it's wonderful that your dd wants to buy something for her brother.

ivy801
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't you just love it when strangers think they know best. 

syanmomie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for her for being responsible with her money. Most seven year olds would not spend it on a sibling or save it. I think it is great that she has learned the value of a dollar. I know adults that are worse with finances than her! And as for the charity thing, yes, she should learn about them, but I think it would be up to you when to teach her and up to her when to donate if she chose to. 

embrigmom
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Sounds like the one my two dds have older dd is about 10yrs older then her sister and she always thinks of her first and will buy her sister something when she has a little spending money of her own. 

Quoting Texasmama711: Thank you, she is very close to him and always thinks of him before herself. It's really a cute relationship they have :)
Quoting embrigmom:

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
The whole point of lemonade day is to teach kids that they can have a business and make money. The kids can decide how to spend any money they earn.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't think it was someone that works there

Quoting B1Bomber: I've never had anything but friendly excellent customer service at Costco. It's kind of their thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)