Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So if it's ok to give away a child because of autism....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 236 Replies
35 moms liked this

Is it ok to give them away for adoption if they are severely hurt in a car accident? Or some other serious accident? 

If they can't speak, need nursing care and life gets difficult, can you give them up for adoption and be done with it? Would that be ok?

What if their accident caused a brain injury that caused low impulse control and emotional response difficulties. Would it make a mother a horrible person to say she gives up and put the kid in foster care?

What if it's cancer?  Is that ok then?

Why does it being autism make it ok?  Do autistic kids not feel love, betrayal, abandonment?

2 posts about this.  Everyone supported this mother who wants to give up on her child without making any effort to be a mother.  It's not ok.

You are a mother.  When stuff with your kid gets hard you pull up your socks and dig in.  You don't get the option of giving up, giving them away.  If you do that, you are not a mother and not a good person.  You are a weak, pathetic excuse for a mother.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM
25 moms liked this

Now make a post saying that you're giving your dog up because you can't handle it anymore. You'll be ripped to shreds. Kids are cool to dump though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Sadly people want the 'perfect' child and not a 'broken' one. So yes, I'm sure there are people who would give up their child because of an accident or cancer.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
15 moms liked this
Or maybe they recognise they can't give that child the life they deserve.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM

yup.  But only if it's really hard to raise them.  smh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Now make a post saying that you're giving your dog up because you can't handle it anymore. You'll be ripped to shreds. Kids are cool to dump though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I know! It's like, what?!? A dog/pet is more important than a child?

Quoting Anonymous:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
15 moms liked this
Um no. I didnt support her and im pretty shocked others did. I dont even return a bad shelter animal. Hell no my child is mine no matter what. Sometimes life is crappy. You suck it up and be the best you can
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
7 moms liked this

I think that it's never wrong to know your limits. Regardless of the circumstances.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM

If people can abort because they don't want to get fat, then yes. It's all selfish and ridiculous. The only difference here is which offends you more.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on May. 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM
10 moms liked this

I understand being frustrated, I don't understand throwing you hands up and giving up before you've even tried. Which to me, is exactly what that mother was doing. 

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM
9 moms liked this

Adoption is a viable resource for any parent who doesn't feel they can properly raise a child.

I personaly wouldn;t want to see limitations put on it. 

So yes, it's always "ok" to give a child up for adoption. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN