Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the teacher wont stop emailing me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
ETA SINCE NOBODY CAN READ SHE HAS A 72 and that is a c. Its in world history. Not anything serious like for real life or her future job.

I am so annoyed with dds teacher. She emails me everytime dd has a test, a project and once a week emails what they are working on. I have told the teacher dd is 14 so unless shes in trouble or failing I dont need to hear from her but teacher said she uses a program that emails all the parents at once so she cant remove me. Bullshit. She is lazy. I dontwant all those emails blowing up my phone. Dd is fine. She has a 72 in her class. This is why nobody in society respects teachers. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Replies (191-200):
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Does she not want to go to college? Having lower grades can affect college admission.

Quoting Anonymous: A 72 is a c and it is in history. It is not like she needs that for real life or her career

Quoting littlesippycup:

A 72 in class is seriously under achieving. You obviously need to be getting the emails so you can get your DD to do her work.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not a good grade, particularly in a subject that's mostly memorization and turning in work on time. God forbid your kid's teacher keep you up to date. Maybe you should just home school her so you can ignor her education with out involving others. 

Quoting Anonymous: 72 is a c and thats moe than passing.
Quoting Allie_kat1: So she's barely passing and that's good enough?

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM

More communication with a teacher is better.  Be thankful that she cares that much.  And yes, world history is important - if not for a future job then for a well informed human being.  Most of the stupid ill-informed memes you see out there (by people old enough to vote, I assume) comes from people not paying attention to history class. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM
90-100 A+

85-89 A

80-84 A-

76-79 B+

73-75 B

70-72 B-

67-69 C+

64-66 C

60-63 C-

55-59 D+

50-54 D

0-49 F

It's weird to me it's so different.

Quoting Thelmama:

Wow, here a 72 is a D. A,  B starts at  84. You don't get an A unless you have a 93 or above.  An F is 69 and below.  

Quoting Anonymous: Here below 50 is failing. A 72 is a B-.
As long as she has high marks in other classes, she could meet the university requirements here for admission.

Quoting LAXmom21:

60 or 65 is failing, colleges won't look at a 72 and say "it's ok, it's only history". SMH!

Quoting Anonymous: What's failing in the states? Everyone is saying that's barely passing????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on May. 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Do you know how many job applicants there are for each job opening? Hundreds and even thousands. Employers don't hire people who skirt by with Cs. I would worry about your child's grades way before I would worry about inconvenience brought by excess email correspondence.
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM

So this is how GPAs work.

Grades are assigned a value 

A=4

B=3

C=2

D=1

F=0

and there are fractional values in between. Students can also earn +1 point for C's and above in honors and AP courses (I'm assuming your kid is not a candidate for these but who knows?) When she applies for collage they will look at her Core GPA (removing non- academic electives) to decide whether or not to admit her and what, if any scholarships or grants she qualifies for. They will include world history in the Core GPA. So, yes, a 72 is a bad grade. 

Quoting Anonymous: Thats a c
Quoting mommy2zbg:

72 is barely passing.. I would appreciate those e-mails.

pink.lemonade
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:46 PM

You are a teachers worst nightmare.. you should be ashamed of yourself! It's ignorant idiots who know nothing about History.. Just saying.. She might not need it for jobs.. but she sure as heck needs it to be intellegent to others.. 

opal10161973
by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

This has to be THE most lax grading scale I have ever seen!  I thought it was bad when the colleges accepted a 10 point scale.  They are failing her in so many ways.  Holy crap!

Quoting Anonymous: 90-100 A+ 85-89 A 80-84 A- 76-79 B+ 73-75 B 70-72 B- 67-69 C+ 64-66 C 60-63 C- 55-59 D+ 50-54 D 0-49 F It's weird to me it's so different.
Quoting Thelmama:

Wow, here a 72 is a D. A,  B starts at  84. You don't get an A unless you have a 93 or above.  An F is 69 and below.  

Quoting Anonymous: Here below 50 is failing. A 72 is a B-. As long as she has high marks in other classes, she could meet the university requirements here for admission.
Quoting LAXmom21:

60 or 65 is failing, colleges won't look at a 72 and say "it's ok, it's only history". SMH!

Quoting Anonymous: What's failing in the states? Everyone is saying that's barely passing????

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this
That statement is one of the most IGNORANT things I have read on here. Hands down.

Quoting Anonymous: It is world history. Not important.

Quoting spunky946:

A 72 is passing, but not anything to be proud of.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I don't like that at all. It's really doing a disservice to the students at that school.

Quoting opal10161973:

This has to be THE most lax grading scale I have ever seen!  I thought it was bad when the colleges accepted a 10 point scale.  They are failing her in so many ways.  Holy crap!

Quoting Anonymous: 90-100 A+

85-89 A

80-84 A-

76-79 B+

73-75 B

70-72 B-

67-69 C+

64-66 C

60-63 C-

55-59 D+

50-54 D

0-49 F

It's weird to me it's so different.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting Anonymous: Here below 50 is failing. A 72 is a B-.
As long as she has high marks in other classes, she could meet the university requirements here for admission.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN