Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the teacher wont stop emailing me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
ETA SINCE NOBODY CAN READ SHE HAS A 72 and that is a c. Its in world history. Not anything serious like for real life or her future job.

I am so annoyed with dds teacher. She emails me everytime dd has a test, a project and once a week emails what they are working on. I have told the teacher dd is 14 so unless shes in trouble or failing I dont need to hear from her but teacher said she uses a program that emails all the parents at once so she cant remove me. Bullshit. She is lazy. I dontwant all those emails blowing up my phone. Dd is fine. She has a 72 in her class. This is why nobody in society respects teachers. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Wow in my kids school a 72 is a D....even if it were a C that is not acceptable to me. It means my kid isn't even trying.
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she was referring more to the OPs attitude that her daughter is passing so it doesn't matter what her grades are.

There is a difference between not understanding or struggling with a subject and not putting forth any effort.

Quoting Devious333: So because I struggled in math and had a C, I was under achieving?

Quoting littlesippycup:

A 72 in class is seriously under achieving. You obviously need to be getting the emails so you can get your DD to do her work.

catcameback
by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Don't give out your email next term.

elfling811
by Niki on May. 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Yes. I completely agree the failure is the teacher's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM
In some ways nothing above Algebra is needed. It depends on what you choose to do in life. I barely have to add and subtract on a daily basis, let alone do Algebra.
I do get your point in general. : )

Quoting poietes: Wow, I'm guessing you think anything more than basic algebra in math is not needed either huh? No wonder her grades suck.

Quoting Anonymous: A 72 is a c and it is in history. It is not like she needs that for real life or her career

Quoting littlesippycup:

A 72 in class is seriously under achieving. You obviously need to be getting the emails so you can get your DD to do her work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM
So you wish to raise a child who is clueless to the world, and are annoyed with a teacher who cares about her students enough to send weekly updates about your child's progress? That's the complaint?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Maybe the subject matter is not important to you, but having a C isn't going to help her get into a good college. Or do you think a college education is not important either?

Quoting Anonymous: It is world history. Not important.

Quoting spunky946:

A 72 is passing, but not anything to be proud of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Us too. Such a waste of our time as parents

Quoting drowningmama:

Well, we get emails and texts from the school system.  Everytime they send out a notice everyone gets it.  So we get notices for schools our kids dont even go to.  I dont care if they have a pta meeting for a school 25 miles from me!  And there is no way to get off the list.  Once your on, your on!  So, I get like 25 notices a day.

cdjd23
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

And I'm guessing that the majority of parents are happy to get those emails to know what is going on in school and to help their kids achieve. You don't seem to give 2 shits that your dd is barely passing, it seems like you're the lazy one.

MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Seriously?  Maybe you should take more interest in her schooling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)