Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't stop shaking*update2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
I left my abusive husband two days ago. Now I'm in my own apartment knowing I can't afford it but have no choice. He had my truck repossessed yesterday and even went to our children's daycare in hopes of taking them without my knowledge. Since I have no vehicle I'll lose my job that I love. I also have to cancel my interview for Saturday.

I see my children so carefree and know I made the right choice. As for myself, every knock, truck engine, phone call scare me. I know if he finds me, that he will make sure the children never see again and continue the cycle of abuse.

I keep having nightmares anytime I close my eyes. I've been shaking for the past hour scared he's found me. I'm getting a protection order against him and a restraining order against his dad. None of my husband's family should be anywhere near my children.

Sorry if it's so long. I'm scared and won't be able to keep up this charade of false happiness much longer.

*update*
He has been to the courthouse after I left. He also was at my oldest child's school after I left to disenroll him. My protection order was not granted. Have court on the 14th. No work this weekend so I'm clear until my next scheduled day. All for now.

*Update 2*
He has showed up again to daycare. Since I have no job, I see no point taking them. Rent is due in the morning and I don't have it. I also have other bills to pay and with no job can't pay those either. My dad has the monetary means to get me a vehicle of my own but would rather make my brother, who is in Japan, give me his. He can't very well get insurance and tags while in Japan. I'm feeling discouraged more and more now. I know I made the right choice but I feel I'm being punished. My mom and aunt have done all they can do. My aunt us was an attorney years ago. She has advised me to stop talking to the one person that has made this somewhat bearable. He has kept me going and gives me the support and encouragement I need. Now I am not allowed to talk to him ever again without risking my children getting taken away. I am crying writing this because I know I'm alone. Without my friend, my only friend, I am alone. I have still talked to him(my friend)since leaving my husband. He gives support. Reminds me just how well I'm doing. My family just points out my parenting flaws and tells me if I screw this up I truly will be alone. Why me? Why am I being punished for doing the right thing...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I'm so sorry. Can you look into finding a woman's safe? Try finding out the resource available to you.
Hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this
If he was able to get your truck repossessed, Honey, he has already found you. Please, be safe. You will be in my thoughts. You are doing the right thing. (((hugs)))
shiny76
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM

there's a whole bunch of services to help you i'd contact your local department of health and get started on emergancy child support and cash assistantance also call a womans shelter, these services will be able to help with you rent, bills, jobs, food, and protection

mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Find a womens shelter. Go to the police. Call in to work and talk to the manager, explain what is going on see if they can help keep the job. Or maybe puck up and make a fresh start some where new where it is harder for him to find you

ProudMommy_1034
by 2lilboogers on May. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Girl kill his ass .
Monica117
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry you're going through this and I'm proud of you for leaving
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Where was your truck repossessed from....your home or work?

You should have changed daycare centers.

When you are hiding from your DH, you have to change everything. Never take the same route home. Never put the utilities in your name, tell the LL what is happening and hopefully they will put the utilities in their name and you just  pay them.

mrs-jt
by SorryI'mNotSorry on May. 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Women's shelter? They have resources. As well as dv hotlines
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM

You should contact the local women's shelters, domestic violence hotlines/shelter and family to see if any of them can help you get to another state away from him. Move closer to your family if they are far away from him. 

Make sure you file a custody order with the courts for your kids and file either a divorce or legal separation so that you can get help from services if needed.

do you have any friends or family close by that can help you?

GOOD LUCK, I hope everything works out for you and your kids. You did the right thing by getting yourself and your kids out of that situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)