Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Son Drank Bubbles!! What Are Crazy Things Your Kids Do?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM
  • 204 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I was blowing bubbles for my 22 month old son last night right before bedtime. He loves bubbles, my husband was on the floor watching him from about 5 ft away while I blew them. I put the bottle on the dinning room table next to me. I looked away at the T.V. for a split second and when I looked down my son had swiped the bottle off the table faster than I could react... and began chugging it! he spilled it all over him then dropped it on the floor lost about 3/4 of it in all. He began crying and choking on the liquid but was alright just scared himself mostly. I cleaned him up while dh cleaned the soapy mess off the carpet. Just blows my mind how fast he moved to get the bubbles in his hands. It's non toxic he didn't throw up or have diarrhea. We made jokes about him pooping bubbles or throwing up bubbles later. LOL.. What are some things your kid's have done that surprised you or even scared you?
by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarriedMyPrince
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Bump
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Dd drank super glue. I just knew it would kill her. We were all in super panic mode for a few minutes.
MarriedMyPrince
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Omg yep I would freak out too if my kid drank super glue. Did show have any side effects?

Quoting almondpigeon: Dd drank super glue. I just knew it would kill her. We were all in super panic mode for a few minutes.
MarriedMyPrince
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Bump
isaacsmommy68
by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
3 moms liked this

My son had a high fever when he was about 18 months. He could not keep anything down. I had to give him Tylenol suppositories. He is 22 months and still will yell out "Medicine Buuuuutt!" when I change his diaper. I guess he was very traumatized by the experience.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

My dd was never one to get into stuff, but my baby sister used to eat my mom's deoderant every time she got her hands on it. She would just chomp away on that secret solid. My mom had to keep it put up and out of reach like it was bleach or medicine.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Not really. Poison control assured me it was non-toxic and since her throat wasn't glued together, we didn't even need to go to the ER. She has white patches of glue in her mouth for a few days and it aggravated her, but she was absolutely fine.

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Omg yep I would freak out too if my kid drank super glue. Did show have any side effects?

Quoting almondpigeon: Dd drank super glue. I just knew it would kill her. We were all in super panic mode for a few minutes.
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Nope. The worst thing ds has done was eat crayons and drink my spray bottle of vinegar water.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on May. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My 11 month old dd "washes" her play silverware in the animal's water dish :/  Before that I caught her doing it in the toilet so now I keep the bathroom door shut.  It was gross and I sanitized everything and gave her a bath but at the same time it's kind of cute that she's trying to imitate me washing dishes (I think that's what she's doing anyway).

MarriedMyPrince
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
MEDICINE BUTT!!lol poor little guy

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

My son had a high fever when he was about 18 months. He could not keep anything down. I had to give him Tylenol suppositories. He is 22 months and still will yell out "Medicine Buuuuutt!" when I change his diaper. I guess he was very traumatized by the experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN