Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a home security system?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I think my home is prewired for a security system. I'm not sure, I only think this because there's a blank wall plate in the laundry room next to an outlet up high which I'm assuming would be for the computer of a security system.

I'm work late and so does my husband. We alternate being home alone for a period of time. Sometimes I come home at 3am and the house sits empty all day/afternoon.

We don't live in a bad area I'm just paranoid. I've watched too much crime TV!

Anyway, what provider do you use and how much is it a month? Are there hidden fees? I see ads for free installation.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM
We use monitronics. It's 25 a month. So far no hidden fees. I've had adt before and liked them too.
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 2, 2014 at 3:30 PM

We use a security system, because we live in a really nice neighbourhood if that makes sense lol but the service is through our cable provider, they charge for installation, cameras etc. depends in how much you want to spend...they can tailor it to your needs.

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Yep! With surveillance cameras and everything!
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM

My husband installs ADT systems. The monthly fees vary depending on what kind of system and extras you have. its a 3 year contract and no hidden fees.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM
I don't need cameras just something that calls the cops if someone breaks in. Heck even a sticker that says the house is armed is enough to thwart potential invaders.

Quoting Derari:

We use a security system, because we live in a really nice neighbourhood if that makes sense lol but the service is through our cable provider, they charge for installation, cameras etc. depends in how much you want to spend...they can tailor it to your needs.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I don't need cameras just something that calls the cops if someone breaks in. Heck even a sticker that says the house is armed is enough to thwart potential invaders.
Quoting Derari:

"Beware of Dog"...?? People are scared of big dogs!

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I only have this....

Which I dont think would do a bit of good. lol He's such a baby. He might knock someone over to lick them to death...

But no, we are in a very small close knit farming town of about 800 ppl and everyone looks out for everyone else.  The worst things that happen here is someone may run a stop sign.  I realize bad things COULD happen..but in the 26 yrs Ive lived here, nothing has. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM
No, we just have the signs all over the outside of our house lol or neighbor installs home security systems for a living and does the same thing.
Zengirl79
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:40 PM

We have one.  It costs $39.99 a month....no cameras

BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Yes, but not activated anymore. Our dog will let us know if anyone is within 100 feet of our house. He has a different bark depending on what/who it is. If he doesn't know the bark is what I call the, "face, it's what's for dinner" bark. I eventually want it back though. A dog can't call the cops!

Ours was free installation, $40 a month -ADT
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)