Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's rude.... even if you are his mom! long rant about MIL and SIL, doesn't really matter much....

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

My MIL is planning to stay here while she visits from out of state... which would be fine... if she werent planning to bring my SIL... or if she HAD ACTUALLY ASKED US BEFORE telling everyone and inviting my SIL along with her!!

and DH is pretty pissed (i am as well)... we're fine having his sister here for a short visit, like a couple hours.... but she is a theif who routinely goes out of her way to make me uncomfortable (ok that sounds pretty self involved, but there is a history here).. when she visits i have to HIDE anything she could think to take, i've forgotten things before and they've gone missing every time!... and DH feels more strongly about this than i do, but She will not be spending even one night here! really if we can't watch her every move, it's not happening in our house....

MIL hasnt even talked to either of us... and she's planning, and telling everyone else in the family (except us) that while i'm 38 weeks pregnant they will be staying here at our house before driving  up state to m BIL's house, and then driving back down sometime after and staying with us AGAIN while we will presumably have a newborn in the house...

and while i KNOW many here think it's a big deal to have family over for extended visits after a baby is born, we do not feel the same, and do not feel inclined to host people in our home for overnights while also adjusting to life with a new addition!

DH is really angry that plans are being made for things we havent and WOULDN'T agree to.... and so am i...

but (and this is a big BUT) his mom lives across the country... we see her MAYBE once a year.. and while she didnt raise him, she is his mom and i hate the thought of him missing a visit with her, and the idea of not getting to see her (even if it's just less than he would like) upsets DH as well, and every time something involves her, it always ends up upsetting him because she does something like this..... 

it's just frustrating! and DH is debating whether to call her now and let her know that she'll need a hotel room if she has my SIL, or waiting for her to inform us herself... just to make a point about how inconsiderate it all is.....  :/

by on May. 2, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Donna on May. 2, 2014 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this

tell her now before she uses the'i cant get a room' excuse..

momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 2, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I would call and talk to your MIL.

seximami111
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM

BUMP!

elfling811
by Niki on May. 2, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I completely understand. In a few days my brother-in-law and his new wife will be visiting from Arizona. He's robbed everyone in the family several times over including his dying mother. We are meeting him in a completely different town from where we live. He doesn't even know our address.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2014 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Call her NOW and tell her to make a reservation at a Hotel. She nor the Thieving ASS SIL are welcome to stay at your house since she took it upon herself without asking permission first before inviting the Thieving SIL.

JayeC2
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Personally, I would get her a reservation myself - I can see the excuse "there aren't any rooms" being used, as someone else said.  

I've never understood having extra people in the house when you have a newborn - but then again, we were military and had all but one of ours too far away for any famiy to come visit.  

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM

She comes alone or doesn't come at all. End of discussion. 

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I get where you are coming from but if it's once a year I'd just suck it and make the best of it. Every few months and I'd stop it fast.
catcameback
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Oh wow.  Tell her to book a hotel.  Sorry you're dealing with this.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on May. 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM

i dont think that'll be a problem, i dont think the hotels in our town are ever completely full... but i didn't think of that before...

i'll bring it up with DH.... he's the one who will do the actually talking stuff.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

tell her now before she uses the'i cant get a room' excuse..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)