Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My adopted child is MY child (rant/ S/O)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
8 moms liked this
I cannot stand people like the OP of the post about how many kids you have. I have adopted and biological children. There is absolutely NO difference between them other than I didn't have to give birth to my adopted children. I feel the same overwhelming feeling of love and protectiveness with each of my children.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I agree with you.

mrs-jt
by SorryI'mNotSorry on May. 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Agreed
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I agree.

catcameback
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I missed something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep. Agreed. Although I am raising two of my nephews and have since they were born so I get alot more of that shit from my family. They are soo young still that I have always been mom and when they get older I will tell them the truth as to how they came to be but they don't need any comments from other idiots yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM
There's a post asking how many kids you have and the OP said we shouldn't include adopted, foster, or step-kids.

Quoting catcameback:

I missed something.

catcameback
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM

That's odd.  Perhaps she should have said how many times have you given birth.  Kids come to parents in all different ways.  You're right, your adopted kids are your kids.

Quoting Anonymous: There's a post asking how many kids you have and the OP said we shouldn't include adopted, foster, or step-kids.
Quoting catcameback:

I missed something.

Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on May. 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree a million times...giving birth is not what makes one a mother..being a mother makes you a mother!! One of the best mothers I could have ever had the honor to meet was unable to conceive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 4:50 PM
That would've been much less offensive if she had. But the way she worded it made it as if my adopted kids didn't count.

Quoting catcameback:

That's odd.  Perhaps she should have said how many times have you given birth.  Kids come to parents in all different ways.  You're right, your adopted kids are your kids.

Quoting Anonymous: There's a post asking how many kids you have and the OP said we shouldn't include adopted, foster, or step-kids.

Quoting catcameback:

I missed something.

crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM

As it should be!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)