Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I choose not to settle

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
2 moms liked this
Poor for me is not being able to go out to eat more than twice a week. Not being able to buy what I want, when I want. I would never, ever, settle for less. I don't understand why so many do. I would be so ashamed if I had to live paycheck to paycheck. If we run into problems we'll work multiple jobs until we work our way back up the ladder. I would never just give up and live on handouts.

*For the fucking dense, if I couldn't afford little extras and never got to go out and spend money, I'd consider myself a failure. If I lived with pennies left to my name the day before payday, I'd be ashamed. If I couldn't buy things without worry, I'd be ashamed. If I couldn't save money, I'd be a failure. Get it now?

For the still dense, I work hard to have a good life and be able to pay my bills, clothe my kids, put gas in my car, treat them to family activities and be able to go have fun and make memories without worrying. If you're too stupid and can only fixate on a silly example than you don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhodin
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:37 PM
We don't eat out twice a week because our childern are autistic and 2, respectively. I'd rather cook than subject the world to more CM post fodder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I read your title wrong. I thought it said I choose not to selfie LOL. I don't blame you for not settling. Good for you working for what you want. I was a working mom for a long time and had to quit my job due to my ods health issues.  I miss the things that I was able to do. We are not hurting for money in anyway but we had to drop certian luxuries, we don't have annual passes to disney, we are only doing 3 days at the beach this summer instead of a week, stupid things but they make me want to work hard to earn them back. In fact DH just applied to a job that would replace what my salary used to be. So keep your fingers crossed for me. I love being home with my kids but I miss the things that I enjoyed too. 

JayeC2
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:39 PM

With a few exceptions, my family prefers my cooking to any restaurant :)  We do eat out about twice a month though, on average.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 5:39 PM
It was an example. But if you want to take it that literally, ok. The point is if I couldn't afford small extras like that, I'd be ashamed.

Quoting Rhodin: We don't eat out twice a week because our childern are autistic and 2, respectively. I'd rather cook than subject the world to more CM post fodder.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I didn't settle either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Um we don't live pay check to pay check and we still don't eat out twice a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous: It was an example. But if you want to take it that literally, ok. The point is if I couldn't afford small extras like that, I'd be ashamed.

Quoting Rhodin: We don't eat out twice a week because our childern are autistic and 2, respectively. I'd rather cook than subject the world to more CM post fodder.
Texor
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM

So, rich people don't get that way by eating out twice a week and spending their money on frivolous shit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM
God it was an example. If I couldn't afford small extras like that, I'd be a failure.

Quoting Anonymous: Um we don't live pay check to pay check and we still don't eat out twice a week.
suzanneyea
by on May. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot buy whatever I want. Such is life.

i also travel in coach.

not the end of the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN