Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are they just trying to scare me??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I have a 200$ outstanding bill from the eye doctor. Due to a big screw up i wasnt aware o it till a year later (this march) when I went to the eye doctor yearly visit. That was middle of march and I got a call this morning from a collection agency. Saying I have to pay 100 end of this and 100 end of June or it will go on my credit. I explain I just dont have the money. He said well you have 4 weeks about to come up with the money. Will this happen? I don't think I even have a credit because I never had any credit cards or loans or bought a house or anything. I've been tearing my house apart and there just isnt anything to sell. Im disabled and i dont have any extra money each month. Okay maybe $20. I normally put that in dd piggy bank for emergencies. There is about $50 in there but I can't use that.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it can go on your credit...but I don't see why they waited this long to try to collect.

You don't have to have a credit card to have good or bad credit. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Pay what you can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
That was a stupid question lol but I'm not sure why. I explained at the eye doc place I can't afford that. If I knew about this a year ago it would have been taken care of.

Quoting proudmommy690: Yes it can go on your credit...but I don't see why they waited this long to try to collect.

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Exactly. Now you will just have really bad credit.

I would try to make better arrangements with them.

I had a very old medical bill they called me abkut 6 or 7 years ago. I settled from $660 to $200....so I bet if you set up $25 a month for 4 months they would take it.

Quoting proudmommy690: Yes it can go on your credit...but I don't see why they waited this long to try to collect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 6:22 PM
This the payment plan. I can't.

Quoting Anonymous: Pay what you can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Yes, an unpaid medical bill absolutely will affect your credit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM
I told the man I can't afford it and he said 100 is the payment plan.

Quoting LiesLiesLies: Exactly. Now you will just have really bad credit.

I had a very old medical bill they called me abkut 6 or 7 years ago. I settled from $660 to $200....so I bet if you set up $25 a month for 4 months they would take it.

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:24 PM
You just have to be firm with them. Tell him they aren't getting a dime then....He will change his tune.

Quoting Anonymous: I told the man I can't afford it and he said 100 is the payment plan.

Quoting LiesLiesLies: Exactly. Now you will just have really bad credit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I think they legally have to accept what you send them, even if it's just $5 a month.  They can report you for slow pay but its better than nonpayment.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2014 at 6:25 PM

It will probably go on your credit 

Check out this link and see if they have exceeded your states staute of limitations

http://credit.about.com/od/statuteoflimitations/a/entirestatesol.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)