Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it ok to be mean to my kids if....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

It saves my sanity ?

All 5 kids have become argumentative and whine about the smallest things, with me as well as with each other. It's non-stop and driving me completely insane.

I want to just send them to their room every time, but part of my brain tells me it's mean because it's only noise. But it's worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

What do I do to save my sanity ?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 6:38 PM

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Wine?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM
It will take alot of energy on your part at first, but ever single time it happens stop them immediately and ho over what the issue is and how you actually want them to behave. Say if the issue is one of your children wants a toy the other one has and is whining for it, go over how it is better to ask and have him do it right then.

Also spending time role playing with them, showing them how you expect them to behave and simulating that particular situation, is the best way to changed bad habits.

Once you have explained, taught and role played with them if they still ho back to their old ways have a punishment in place and give them that punishment right away.

A good book to read that teaches about changing habits us KEEP YOUR SANITY: TEACH THEM TO CLEAN. Good luck. I know ive been thru that before.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM
How is sending them to there rooms mean ?
Bubsy
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Discipline. Your. Children. It's not a hard concept. Sending them to their room isn't mean, it's punishment. Warn them once to stop arguing or whining, and if they do it again then send them to their room for a time out. Parents don't discipline because they want to be mean, they do it for their child, and out of love.
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on May. 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Going to their room isn't a punishment. It's a sign "I'm disrupting the peace in the home and Mama is fed up".
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Thats my go to.. I swear its infused with love and patience.

Quoting casah4:

Wine?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elfling811
by Niki on May. 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I only have one, but when DD starts acting like that I send her to her room every single time. Immediately. She can make all the noise she wants to otherwise. Whining I do not tolerate.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I leave the room. They wanna whine and argue with each I'm leaving. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)