Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM
  • 18 Replies
But my 3 year old has an accent. He watches peppa pig faithfully and he's developed the accent. My good friend Joan is from England and I can't wait to introduce her to my son. Everyone thinks it's cute and I agree. Peppa pig mamas, where are you?
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2014 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

He must hear nothing BUT peppa the pig then, because he wouldnt just pick it up from a stupid show. He hears you and dad and other adults talk, THATS how accents are picked up. From home enviorment. Not a show. 

DarylNVannasMom
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM
You should probably let him do something other than watch stupid kid shows. Unless fake accents are cool...just ask Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow, you know?
nonyobizniz
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:56 PM
I pick up accents everywhere and have since I was little.
When I read,even, the accent of the character is clear as a bell.
Ever since I was a kid.
Get him in a school where he can learn languages as I bet he will pick them up quickly :-)
TheFairestOne
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM
I wouldn't be proud of the fact my child watches so much TV that he talks like the characters.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
No he only watch it once a day for an hour. He hears us talk but we do not have an accent

Quoting Anonymous:

He must hear nothing BUT peppa the pig then, because he wouldnt just pick it up from a stupid show. He hears you and dad and other adults talk, THATS how accents are picked up. From home enviorment. Not a show. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My last 5 kids plus my 4 youngest grandkids have a southern accent and none of them have ever lived outside of New York..... LOL

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on May. 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Not a fan of the show, the snorting drives me crazy! Lol.  But kids with accents are cute:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty: No he only watch it once a day for an hour. He hears us talk but we do not have an accent
Quoting Anonymous:

Then you are encouraging it. Because it comes from what they hear in the home. Might be time to cut back on TV time. 

lulumomof2
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:08 PM

my nephew watches peppa pig, probably 1 show a day (when he is with me, so 4 days a week) and he doesnt' talk in an English accent. I won't let him watch anymore than that because I find that show very annoying!!

pinchofCrazy
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I get a southern twang sometimes. No clue where it comes from lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN