Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm not looking forward to tonight

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Lately, all of DH's guy friends have been coming over to our house. Tonight, one of his friends (K) invited everyone to his place.

I told DH I would drop him off, but he said that K asked if I would come too. He said K said his wife wouldn't let him have anyone over, unless the wives came, too.

I don't particularly like DH's friends' wives. While the boys hang out often, us girls don't. We are all drastically different and don't have much in common.

Besides that, K's wife is constantly making bitchy comments about DH.

I know I can leave at any point, but I know that everyone wants this to be a happy get together with the whole families hanging out.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Put on your big girl panties and GO.  Drink a little laugh a lot. When Mrs Bitchy starts on your DH look her in the eye and say WOOAHH  That's NOT NICE ! then giggle. Hopefully she understands without you bitch slapping her.

MelanieJK
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Well if it doesn't happen too frequently I'd just suck it up and try to make the best of it.   

If it happens frequently I'd act wallflowerish.      Don't say anything or ruin it for others but don't attempt to look like you're enjoying it.    That way hopefully they'll understand why you're bowing out in the future.  

I find that playing poker or other cards/games can still be fun even with people I don't particularly like.   Maybe you could suggest something like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM
I'm here.

It's awkward. She invited some of her friends over, too. She hanging out with her friends. I'm making quiet small talk with another wife, and excusing myself to feed DD much more I need to.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Put on your big girl panties and GO.  Drink a little laugh a lot. When Mrs Bitchy starts on your DH look her in the eye and say WOOAHH  That's NOT NICE ! then giggle. Hopefully she understands without you bitch slapping her.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Drink a bottle of wine before going and continue to drink while you are there. IF you knock her out...blame it on the alcohol

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Maybe she was hoping the wives would just say no.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm here.

It's awkward. She invited some of her friends over, too. She hanging out with her friends. I'm making quiet small talk with another wife, and excusing myself to feed DD much more I need to.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)