Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yeah TENS!!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think of it?

Options:

LOVE IT!!!! tell me why

HATE IT!!!! tell me why

IT'S All RIGHT. tell me why

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

I just got one today from my Physical Therapist today and it has done a phenomenal job on my back pain from when I herniated a disk in my lower back.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rkkeller13
by Kristy on May. 3, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Mobile Photo

This is the one I got.
rkkeller13
by Kristy on May. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Also where do you get extra electro pads from?
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM
I used one year's at right after our car accident. I had a compression fracture of my t 12 vertebrae and two degenerative discs. It was the only thing that helped.
southernwldchld
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:48 AM

They are great, but I am terrified of them. When I was going through therapy for my knee the guy put it on, cranked it up and walked away. My leg started jumping off the bed and I freaked. Hurt like a sumbitch. I was 14 at the time, never again.

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:56 AM

I used one after a car accident and it was great. I was pregnant and could not take meds. I sometimes get it out when I have a bad headache or back still. The auto shipped me pads. If they do get the max and stock up. I even used mine recently after baby #2. I did not relax my shoulders during labor and gave myself the worst headache ever.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on May. 3, 2014 at 4:12 AM
I hear you on the degenerative disk disease. I have it in 3 disks in my lumbar region. It sucks cause its also where my herniated disk is. So far its working great. Such a relief to get a break from the constant pain.

Quoting texasgirl77: I used one year's at right after our car accident. I had a compression fracture of my t 12 vertebrae and two degenerative discs. It was the only thing that helped.
rkkeller13
by Kristy on May. 3, 2014 at 4:14 AM
I had that happen to me before when I was in high school for when I injured my knee during gym class. It was crazy, lol. Im glad though that ive had a positive experience with it after that.

Quoting southernwldchld:

They are great, but I am terrified of them. When I was going through therapy for my knee the guy put it on, cranked it up and walked away. My leg started jumping off the bed and I freaked. Hurt like a sumbitch. I was 14 at the time, never again.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on May. 3, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Does insurance cover it and how do you get one? I've been in PT for 8 mos bc I have arthritis, degenerative disk disease and I was born without the last vertebrae, so my spine sits on my tailbone and hits the nerves. I'm in pain 24/7, but I won't take anything more than prescription Naproxen. He wants to do cortisone shots but he can't guarantee they'll help and I've heard they hurt a lot.

Quoting rkkeller13:

Mobile Photo

This is the one I got.
rkkeller13
by Kristy on May. 3, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Oh I am glad I got this one cause I know I will be using it later on down the road. Did your dr get the pads ordered for you? Or was it a physical therapist? I looked up the company that I got it from, empi, and it said that I had to have a script for the pads. So hopefully I can get replacement pads. I did order a pad gel for them from Amazon so I can reuse the pads I have but they wont stay nice forever.

Quoting AMCMSM:

I used one after a car accident and it was great. I was pregnant and could not take meds. I sometimes get it out when I have a bad headache or back still. The auto shipped me pads. If they do get the max and stock up. I even used mine recently after baby #2. I did not relax my shoulders during labor and gave myself the worst headache ever.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on May. 3, 2014 at 4:28 AM
My insurance covered it cause my dr wrote it as a prescription. Other wise I would have had tobpay $300 for this one. Talk tob your dr or therapist about getting one. Most times they wont bring it up. I said something to my dr and she said to discuss it with my therapist to see if it will benefit me. Which the therapist agreed that it will make a difference in my treatment. I would avoid the cortisone. Mention the TENS unit to them as an alternative to the shot, and leave the shots as an absolute last resort. They hurt like hell! The TENS unit I got is awsome its got soooooo many different settings. And it works great! I have degenerative disk disease in my lower back and a just recently for the 2nd time herniated a disk in my lower back. So im in a lot of pain most of the time. Its diminished the pain almost immediately.

Quoting MichLW69: Does insurance cover it and how do you get one? I've been in PT for 8 mos bc I have arthritis, degenerative disk disease and I was born without the last vertebrae, so my spine sits on my tailbone and hits the nerves. I'm in pain 24/7, but I won't take anything more than prescription Naproxen. He wants to do cortisone shots but he can't guarantee they'll help and I've heard they hurt a lot.

Quoting rkkeller13:

Mobile Photo

This is the one I got.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN