Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Blood clog after baby help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I had my daughter two weeks ago. Today I went to the bathroom and there was a huge blood clog in my pad I would say the size Quarter and in the toilet there was lots of blood. Should I be worried
What do I do. I'm scared
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Bump
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Its normal. Dont panic. I felt like I had a litter of puppies stored up in there. Its disgusting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Thanks I'm glad yo hear that. I'm literally crying about it

Quoting uhhnogirl: Its normal. Dont panic. I felt like I had a litter of puppies stored up in there. Its disgusting.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Call your OB.  Though quarter sized wasn't a concern for me.  I think they said golf ball?  But it's different per person.  If you're worried, call.  They should have a nurse line for overnight.

Also, don't panic.  I've known girls who bled and passed clots all 6+ weeks and there was nothing wrong.  No single woman is exactly the same.  They can give an average of what to expect, but you could be very different from that with no real dangers.

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:10 AM
Happened to me as well. I wished someone had warned me about that. But it's normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Oh sweetheart! Its ok! No one ever tells you what to expect after labor. You just have so much gunk left in there, it literally looks like someone dumped a can of beets in your pants.

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks I'm glad yo hear that. I'm literally crying about it

Quoting uhhnogirl: Its normal. Dont panic. I felt like I had a litter of puppies stored up in there. Its disgusting.
ManicVetTech
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:26 AM

I wouldn't worry. I was told the size of a golfball or larger to call the OB. However, of course give them a call since you are concerned, but I think the size of a quarter is pretty common. 

want10more
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:31 AM

yeah that can happen. don't freak. a clot here and there? normal. what you need to worry about is FRESH looking blood, not period blood, that clots. doubtful that could happen. just keep an eye on your pad. talk to your friends/family that've had kids. that'll help you be not so scared. but if you keep feeling scared? don't be afraid to call your doc. they'll tell you you are fine. but better to hear it from your doc than us huh?

sweetgrlangel
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM
I had tons after having my kid..... nothing like the feeling of passing a golf ball sized one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Did you have one that big

Quoting sweetgrlangel: I had tons after having my kid..... nothing like the feeling of passing a golf ball sized one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN