Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dude, you're all silly...

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

If you really think I wanna get "high".

I'll give you 80% of something... can't promise you'll like it.

but yes, if you're ignorant enough to believe that legalizing marijuana is anything but A GOOD thing for this country... medically and economically..

Then I'm sorry, I can't help your ignorance...

by on May. 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Replies (191-194):
Slady444
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM
You are misinformed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh believe me. I have researched it and heard about it a lot. I know I will never convince people who defend it so much. It's just like people and their alcohol. You can't talk against their alcohol, just like I can't talk against your marijuana. 

Know what else is legal now that should never be and people will look back at this time in history and be disgusted? Abortion. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it should be. 

I have heard Mark Beling talk about Marijuana quite a bit on his radio show. Once on his show some guy called in to defend marijuana. Mark was talking to him about how it is addictive. The guy kept saying it wasn't. So, Mark offered him a lot of money. It was like $5000/month to stop smoking it for a year. The guy said no. 

Now tell me it's not addictive. I would completely give up chocolate or television or something easy like that to make an easy extra $60,000. Are you kidding? I don't know who wouldn't do that. It's something so easy, just give up something you don't need, because it's not addictive right? To prove that it isn't addictive. The guy wouldn't do it. 

Quoting Slady444: Do you realize that up until 1937 marijuana was a legal substance? Many people of note, who have contributed loads to society have been avid pot smokers...google it.

It is NOT a gateway drug in and of itself. Maybe you could consider it a gateway drug because it's illegal and you have to go to a street 'dealer' to get it. They aren't just peddling pot....a weaker person could be pursuaded to try harder drugs. The way I understand it pot isn't even addictive chemically.

Look up the statistics...marijuana is safer than alcohol. People who smoke/eat weed don't get up and go kill people, they sit at home and watch TV.

The health benefits are unmeasurable, and economically it could be the answer to our debt.

The pros for legalization completely outweigh the cons, which are few and far between.

I smoked in college, and once in a blue moon now. If I lived in a state where medical was legal I would qualify for many reasons, but as an adult my priorities have changed and it's not something I do. I would rather smoke than drink though, that's a fact.

To say it's dangerous or bad is ignorant, I don't mean that negatively. Research it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't help your ignorance for approving it. It's completely a gateway drug and it's addictive. It's clearly a bad thing and I don't want anything to do with it. 

the_dude
by abides on May. 6, 2014 at 11:05 AM
No I won't give up my life or even my health for $. It's a medicine.

Mark beling, huh? That explains everything... and she's right you're quite misinformed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh believe me. I have researched it and heard about it a lot. I know I will never convince people who defend it so much. It's just like people and their alcohol. You can't talk against their alcohol, just like I can't talk against your marijuana. 

Know what else is legal now that should never be and people will look back at this time in history and be disgusted? Abortion. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it should be. 

I have heard Mark Beling talk about Marijuana quite a bit on his radio show. Once on his show some guy called in to defend marijuana. Mark was talking to him about how it is addictive. The guy kept saying it wasn't. So, Mark offered him a lot of money. It was like $5000/month to stop smoking it for a year. The guy said no. 

Now tell me it's not addictive. I would completely give up chocolate or television or something easy like that to make an easy extra $60,000. Are you kidding? I don't know who wouldn't do that. It's something so easy, just give up something you don't need, because it's not addictive right? To prove that it isn't addictive. The guy wouldn't do it. 

Quoting Slady444: Do you realize that up until 1937 marijuana was a legal substance? Many people of note, who have contributed loads to society have been avid pot smokers...google it.

It is NOT a gateway drug in and of itself. Maybe you could consider it a gateway drug because it's illegal and you have to go to a street 'dealer' to get it. They aren't just peddling pot....a weaker person could be pursuaded to try harder drugs. The way I understand it pot isn't even addictive chemically.

Look up the statistics...marijuana is safer than alcohol. People who smoke/eat weed don't get up and go kill people, they sit at home and watch TV.

The health benefits are unmeasurable, and economically it could be the answer to our debt.

The pros for legalization completely outweigh the cons, which are few and far between.

I smoked in college, and once in a blue moon now. If I lived in a state where medical was legal I would qualify for many reasons, but as an adult my priorities have changed and it's not something I do. I would rather smoke than drink though, that's a fact.

To say it's dangerous or bad is ignorant, I don't mean that negatively. Research it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't help your ignorance for approving it. It's completely a gateway drug and it's addictive. It's clearly a bad thing and I don't want anything to do with it. 

acer.acerpori
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I proudly stand for legalizing Marijuana...I'm a Canadian but I think it should be legal all over the world...it's a natural plant that comes from the earth and I see no problem with it!!
acer.acerpori
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree those drug make PTSD worse.. I'm a military brat and it kills me to see the suffering of the ones who protect us and are the reason we live with the rights and freedoms we have.

Quoting MissTuree: I have no interest in smoking, but as a veteran I would love to see mj being prescribed to my brothers and sisters over the millions of f*cking pills they're given to 'treat' their PTSD and the problems that come along with it. It breaks my heart to see them suffering even more because of the drugs they are taking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)