Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hypothetically... If CPS opened a case on you ONLY because of your partner...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

If CPS opened a case on you ONLY because of your partner (boyfriend, husband, or other) who you live with, would you leave him?

If their concerns were due to something he did 13 years prior, at the age of 12, the charges of which were dismissed in court? (Dismissed 13 years ago, when he was 12) 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
booaura
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:19 AM
If he was a danger to my child, I wouldn't be with him. But in this scenario, no, I wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:23 AM
3 moms liked this

If it put my kid or my custody of my kid at risk, hell yes I'd leave him.

It's sad, but you have to take these things into consideration.  Even if it was an unfair dismissed charge.

No ass is worth my kids.  Sorry, but he'd be gone.  If he couldn't understand that, he'd need to be gone for that reason, too.

Don't mess with Granny.

bklynmama716
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this
It depends.. If CPS made it a stipulation that the ONLY way I'd be able to keep my kids is if he left, which they have been known to do, I'd say sorry not sorry and pack his bags! Otherwise no I wouldn't leave him but I would need to trust him with my children. Use your head and not your heart. Anyone can make a CPS report for any reason. Doesn't mean there is merit to it and if there isn't they will close the case and leave you be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Exactly this

Quoting LiliM:

If it put my kid or my custody of my kid at risk, hell yes I'd leave him.

It's sad, but you have to take these things into consideration.  Even if it was an unfair dismissed charge.

No ass is worth my kids.  Sorry, but he'd be gone.  If he couldn't understand that, he'd need to be gone for that reason, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2014 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd wonder how they got access to a sealed juvenile record first.  and if he was charged as an adult at the age of 12, there was most likely a reason for it. 

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:30 AM

No that doesn't sound like a danger. I mean unless the issue was say a cold blooded murder and something was always off about DH?

tapies2324
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:31 AM
I guess it would depend on many factors. How long we have been together, who called cps, what the issue with s\o is...you really have to be more specific.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 3, 2014 at 4:31 AM
Yes, he would be out the door with a quickness.No man is worth the even the risk of losing my child. If it all got straightened out in the long run, great we can get back together then. But until it was resolved he would be gone. Why is this even a question?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2014 at 4:41 AM
No man is or ever will be more important than my children. Guilty or not, I wouldn't risk my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)