Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is not a single person here that is not a "cherry picker" from the bible ( if they are Christian anyways)

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
  • 152 Replies
10 moms liked this
It's kind of annoying to see psycho Christians berate someone else who identifies as Christian because they are not following the same parts of the bible as them.

To everyone who sees this and assumes that is who Christians are... it's not.

That is how those people are.

And every single one of them is a hypocrite.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM
yup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM
*nods head*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Some of Christians dont berate anyone from parts of the bible.So they are not cherry pickers.

I find it hilarious though when an atheist cherry picks from the bible to belittle a Christian, because the stupid atheist is then reading the bible, they dont believe in, Talk about being a hypocrite.lol

No, pretty much every one here is actually a cherry picker.

The bible can be a place of great knowledge and spiritual depth. But I bet none of them are going to kill their daughters if they find out she had sex before marriage.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM
6 moms liked this

I'm Christian and don't cherry pick from the Bible. I'm not Jewish and therefore not subject to Mosaic Law; rather as one of the redeemed I am subject to the greatest commandments (love God and love your neighbor). There are a few doctrines that define what Christianity is (specifically, faith in the redemptive sacrifice of Christ) and much of the rest is up for interpretation, though some interpretations are clearly unscriptural.

LectioDivina
by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM
It's also used as a way to describe someone who believes in parts of the bible, but not others.
Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry but I am a Christian and I dont cherry pick from the bible to berate anyone, but good try.

Quoting LectioDivina:
Quoting Anonymous:

Some of Christians dont berate anyone from parts of the bible.So they are not cherry pickers.

I find it hilarious though when an atheist cherry picks from the bible to belittle a Christian, because the stupid atheist is then reading the bible, they dont believe in, Talk about being a hypocrite.lol

The bible can be a place of great knowledge and spiritual depth. But I bet none of them are going to kill their daughters if they find out she had sex before marriage.

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM

We believe that we have a living prophet to help us interpret God's word for us today. That makes everything so much easier!

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Love all.

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you Mormon too?

Quoting faire_jour:

We believe that we have a living prophet to help us interpret God's word for us today. That makes everything so much easier!

trapaceiro
by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I have had someone go on a rant over homosexuality whole tattooed and pierced and long haired. I'm sure that's a big no no in the bible but he must of skipped over those parts..
LectioDivina
by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this
You're right...I don't know that there isn't someone out there following every single word as life law. But if there is...they might be headed for prison.

Life was much, much different when the bible was written, we just don't do things the same way anymore...at all. Stonings, slave ownership guidelines, clothing requirements, marriage age laws...things are very different and not accepted now.
Quoting Anonymous:

great but that doesnt mean you can claim to know what all Christians do, you dont know all Christians.

Quoting LectioDivina: It's also used as a way to describe someone who believes in parts of the bible, but not others.
Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry but I am a Christian and I dont cherry pick from the bible to berate anyone, but good try.

Quoting LectioDivina:
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)