Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long can you stay awake?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I feel like this is the evil little game I am in right now lol. I have been awake now for about 50 hours d/t working 32 of those hours and the other 16 hours doing stuff with my son. Now I am off for the next 8 hours (which due to my sons tball game and husband at work I won't get any sleep either) and then go back in for 12 hours. That will make 82 hours this week and anything I work over 30 hours is over time since I am part time and normal only work 12-24 hours a week. I am exhausted and living in coffee but that paycheck will be so worth it!!!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Bump
o.O....
by Cara on May. 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm pretty sure you're going to die.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM
No idea never had to. Sleep is pretty important for a lot of reasons so I make it a priority. I think the least amt ive gottwn was 4-5 hrs.right after babies were born and when dd had hand foot and mouth disease
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on May. 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Uhhh...wouldn't you rather be alive to see that paycheck?

Without having to force myself to actually stay awake for anything special I start to poop out somewhere around the 14-15th hour or so.

Girl, seriously...go to fucking sleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Oh I have a planned day of sleep after my shift tonight. Yes the entire day tomorrow will be dedicated to sleep :-) I am excited for it!

Quoting o.O....: I'm pretty sure you're going to die.
JTE11
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM

These days I can only manage about 36 hours at a time but back in college I could do three days or so during finals. Ah, youth, lol. I hope you get some rest soon, though. Sleep debt is a nasty thing.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM

IF I had to I could go 3-4 days without sleeping. I only sleep 3 to 4 (tops) hours in a 24 hour period anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Yes I want to be alive but I have a lot of medical bills from last month since I had 2 unplanned surgeries. (2 D&C s since they didnt get everything the first time)

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Uhhh...wouldn't you rather be alive to see that paycheck?

Without having to force myself to actually stay awake for anything special I start to poop out somewhere around the 14-15th hour or so.

Girl, seriously...go to fucking sleep.

Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Ehhh I would rather have a little overtime than too much.   They will take obscene amounts out in taxes.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I am not youth lol. I remember in college when partying was more important than sleep and I would go 3-4 days without sleep, 1 night of sleep then do another 3-4 days without sleep and not blink a eye at it. Now I feel like I am going to die when I am done with this stretch lol.

Quoting JTE11:

These days I can only manage about 36 hours at a time but back in college I could do three days or so during finals. Ah, youth, lol. I hope you get some rest soon, though. Sleep debt is a nasty thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN