Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My grandmother killed a chicken in front of my 4 year old DD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 395 Replies

We are visiting my nana and papa at their farm. My 4 year old DD was looking at all of nana's chickens. Nana came outside and said well I guess you will do and picked the biggest one up swung it by its neck put it on the chopping block and chopped its head off and of course the chicken ran around with its head  off. My poor DD comes screaming bloody murder in the house. She couldnt even talk she was so scared. She kept saying, Nana killed and chicken but it didnt die. I got kind of angry at my nana about it and she just laughs and said . Then she went on with her speech about "that is what is wrong with kids today"  and thats "You guys all saw me kill chickens and birth calves and none of you have issues because of it" she went on to say we make our kids to soft now days and they we are going to regret it later. She is right i did see that when I was a kid but I also remembered have nightmares for a few days after it happened. I do not think a 4 year old should be exposed to that. My mom said to just leave it alone but I think she should apologize for not telling my DD to go in the house before she did, i honestly think she did it on purpose. I love my Nana but i think she gets a kick out of that kind of stuff.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommy_1034
by 2lilboogers on May. 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM
28 moms liked this
I think you're overreacting .
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM
29 moms liked this
Sorry, I agree with nana though!
That's how you get meat on your plate. So many are screwed if something happens and there are no grocery stores!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM
11 moms liked this

I saw this all the time as a kid......I survived and I thought it was funny, lol

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I seen no problem. She is teaching her survival.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM

It builds character.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG, I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did kind of giggle at "she killed a chicken but it didn't die."

I think she was a little out of line, though. She should have at least run it by you before she did it.

Rmlupin
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM
17 moms liked this

If you eat meat, that's your reality.  I'd be grateful she saw it done humanely as opposed to witnessing what it's like for the animals in slaughterhouses. 

southern.momof2
by Pirate on May. 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I agree with nana.
April620
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It builds character.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM
16 moms liked this
You should call her and wake her up every time your DD gets a nightmare because of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)