Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've ruined my marriage. Please help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1354 Replies

My MIL has been the person I could turn to since DH and I started dating. She has been a mother figure to me, paid for our wedding and everything. MIL also watches the 2 kids(5 and 6) I had before meeting and treats them as her grandkids. She's been there for us through everything and even helps us out financially(we often need help b/c DH is in college). 

Three months ago, I gave birth to our first son. When I found out I was having a boy, I told MIL and she was ecstatic. It was her first grandson and she just couldn't wait to spoil him. I told her we couldn't really afford much for the baby so she offered to help out. She said give her a list and she would buy everything we needed. In the end, she bought basically everything for the nursery, a lot of clothes and things for me(breast pump, maternity clothes, etc.). So I promised her she could be in the room for the birth and she was beyond happy. She planned on taking pictures so DH could focus on me and the birth.

Anyway, I went into labor and my mom showed up. I haven't seen her since the wedding. She begged to come in while giving birth and I agreed. I told MIL to leave and she wanted an explanation. I wasn't in the mood to give her one so I yelled and cursed at her until she looked like she was about to cry when she left. MIL was so pissed that after I gave birth, she didn't speak to me. She held DS and left.

I called her as soon as I got out of the hospital because I was a little overwhelmed. DH was working and in school and I was taking care of two kids and a newborn alone. She didn't even answer her phone. When I text her, she didn't text me back. I emailed her and nothing. So when DH came home, I called her from his phone and she answered but hung up as soon as she heard my voice. Last week, I text MIL from DHs phone and asked for some help. I figured she would be over it by now.

Me: hey ma! Can you watch Alice and Margot?

MIL: No.

Me: Why?

MIL: Tell your wife to ask her mother to watch her kids. She let me know where I stood with her when she kicked me out of the birthing room. I did everything for you two. I bought everything for that child, went to the Lamaze classes and even chauffeured her around for her to speak to me like a child. She let me know that I am nothing but a pocketbook and babysitter to her and I refuse to allow her to treat me as such.

Me: She didn't mean it. She just wanted her mother there.

MIL: I was more of a mother than that woman was. But it's alright. If she wants someone to watch her children, she should ask her mother. 

Me: Please? Sarah is really overwhelmed and could use your help. She was extremely moody because she was so far along. She didn't mean it.

MIL: No. Not my issue.

Me: You're acting like a real immature bitch right now. I'm not asking you to raise the girls. Just watch them! If you can't watch them, what ever. Just don't call me when you need anything!

She tried calling his phone but I didn't answered. I was too pissed. 

Dh gets home and everything is normal for the next few days. Then DH asks me if I talked to his mother because he hasn't heard from her. I say no. He calls her and she goes crazy on him and of course he doesn't know what she's talking about. So he goes through his phone and sees the texts. He tells his mother that he wasn't the one who sent it and that it was all me and then he leaves the room. An hour passes and he comes back and goes ape shit on me. I try to explain myself and he doesn't want to hear anything I had to say.He hasn't been sleeping in our bedroom, talking to me or anything. He just looks at me and shakes his head.

What the hell am I going to do?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 6:14 PM
188 moms liked this
I kind of agree with your MIL
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
77 moms liked this
Im on her side.. You did that shit to yourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seksen
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM
77 moms liked this
Why the hell did you do that? You are so in the wrong. I don't blame your DH OR MIL.
kim15690
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM
3 moms liked this
Pack your shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I was upset

Quoting seksen: Why the hell did you do that? You are so in the wrong. I don't blame your DH OR MIL.
Sara-1989
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM
112 moms liked this
I'd suggest you out your big girl underwear on and raise your kids on your own. Oh, and get a fucking job cause the gravy train has ended.
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM
7 moms liked this
Grow the hell up?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM
3 moms liked this
You're so wrong. You did this to yourself.
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM
35 moms liked this
You did this. You need some serious help. You're a spoiled brat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)