Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so at what point do I tell him...so I told him

Posted by   + Show Post

OK. So I just moved from South Florida to Ohio to live with my boyfriend. We've only been together about a month BUT we were together for 7 months 6 years ago and lived together back then.

He knows pretty much everything about me. We talk about almost everything for hrs. We have shared so much about ourselves but I've left one major thing out...my mental health issues. I'm bi polar I and borderline. I am not medicated. I choose to treat with therapy and behavior modification instead.

His ex wife is BiPolar and misused her medication and soured him completely on people with those sorts of issues. He put her through 3 rehabs before giving up and leaving her. I'm afraid if he finds out it will scare him off.

So...when and how do I tell him this? Or is it something better left unsaid? He knows about my past drug addictions and the fact that I am an abuse survivor and he is willing to deal with those things. Is this something he HAS to know? Especially since I am not medicated?

ETA: Well, I told him last night. He got very quiet. Asked for a moment to precess and went outside for a cigarette. When he came back in he was very calm and he said he thought he could handle it, seeing as I seem to be very self aware and willing to deal with my ilness in a safe, productive manner and  I am nothing like his ex wife.  He said he was hurt I'd held back but he understood my reasons and that he wasnt angry with me.

He then proceeded to make a confession to me as well. He actually handed me his phone to read a conversation between him and his ex wife. Apparently, like the week before he and i started talking he was talking to her about moving up here to reunite his family and try again. She was actually considering leaving her long time boyfriend to come back to him...but the day he and i started talking (and at the time we were only talking as friends) he told her he was having second thoughts and she said she was too and they opted not to reunite.

So we were both holding something back. We ended up having a long talk aboutthe need to be totally open with eachother about everything and how because things happened so fast this time, there had been an element of fear on both our parts but now that i'm here,  moved in and we are happy together and feel safe we need to let that fear go. 

So it went better than I thought it would, though I did find something out I dont necessarily like but if he can get past my mental illness, I can get past him almost getting bacl together with his ex wife,

by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Replies (391-392):
WickedPissah
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Close to Lowell, you?

Quoting Anonymous:

hey what part of mass hole are you from?

Quoting WickedPissah: It was in her other post.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh, i missed that.

Quoting WickedPissah: She doednt believe in meds.

Quoting Anonymous:

why arent you taking your meds?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM
According to sm central she has full custody now.

Quoting mary716: Shes said it a thousand times she doesnt have custody

Quoting littlesippycup:

Yes all children love living with mommys new man after only a month!! Children just crave instability!!

Quoting Joie35: Don't bother feeling sorry for them. I'm happy. They are happy. His kids are happy. We are all good.

Quoting Sara-1989: That should have been told before moving in together. And you should never rice in with someone after a month. That won't end well. I feel sorry for your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN