Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He's just gone *They Found HIM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 253 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's been almost 24 hours so I'm posting this now, because I'm still sort of confused about the situation or how I should feel or how I should even react. My husband and I have been married for 16 years. We have two children. Last night I came home from my sister's house and my husband wasn't home. I text messaged him because his car was here, and that was weird. When I sent the text I found that his phone was set out on the counter next to his car keys. My next reaction was to check the whole house and call the police. When I went upstairs I found all his clothing gone, our suitcase, his lap top etc. I called the police anyway. They came to the house but said there were no signs of foul play and they couldn't file a missing persons report. My kids are freaked out and won't stop asking me what happened to Dad. I honestly have no idea what he's up to. One of our accounts is emptied. He left the car and his phone and just up and left. There has to be another woman right? I mean he wouldn't leave in a cab. I dont' think he would buy a new car. It was nice of him to leave me with two cars that require loan payoffs. Is he disappearing? Will I ever be able to find him. I mean, even if this is the end of our marriage are me and the kids ever going to see him again? I just don't know how to process this.

*People have been asking for an update so I figured I should post something. Not much has changed. Everyone just seems to be waiting. I has a meeting with a private investigator yesterday and I will be hiring him if we get to the weekend and I still haven't heard anything. I can't close any accounts because I'm not the primary account holder, the police won't file a missing persons. In general things are up to me at this point. I have an attorney that I've been talking to. He said I can file for divorce but we still need to be able to serve him. As far as work goes he hasn't returned his bosses phone calls but all his accounts are current, so it seems that he's still working.

*They found him. I hired the private investigator early and he found him already. I'm waiting for more information. So far all I know is that he's in Las Vegas somewhere.

* I'm sorry guys, things are really crazy around here. He's been arrested in Las Vegas. The charges are possession with intent to distribute. I'm not bailing him out, there are some really strange things going on right now and the PI thinks he was trying to kill himself. My husband has never been a drug addict or user there doesn't seem to be a girlfriend that the PI has found. I was going to go down there but I've been advised to stay here, so that's what I'm going to do. I haven't spoken to him yet and he hasn't called. The PI showed me some pictures he took of him and he looks horrible. I still have no idea what's going on.

I'm bored and my foot hurts.

-kitschy

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsNewman
by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I hope you get some answers. Im sorry, that has got to be awful. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Wow that is horrendous
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Quoting MrsNewman:

It really is. I just don't understand why he would choose this way to leave me if he didn't want to be married anymore. My mom is here. His mom hasn't heard from him. He has a second cell phone for work but it goes to voice mail. What is he doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Lifetime story cash cow!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM

My oldest son who is 13 seems positive that he witnessed some horrible crime and is part of witsec. Poor kid.

Quoting mommy_me: Wow that is horrendous

MrsNewman
by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Did he show up for work today?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsNewman:

It really is. I just don't understand why he would choose this way to leave me if he didn't want to be married anymore. My mom is here. His mom hasn't heard from him. He has a second cell phone for work but it goes to voice mail. What is he doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM
I'm sorry, that sounds sucky :( hopefully its just a big misunderstanding
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

He's in sales. He works from home and is off on the weekends.

Quoting MrsNewman:

Did he show up for work today?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsNewman:

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

oh my... 

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I am so sorry :-( I really am. He is a coward for leaving you like this. I hope some day you can say that to his face.

I would be changing the locks and contacting a lawyer. Can you check the bank accounts and see what city he is using his cards in? Maybe track him down? He still has obligations to help his children with child support. He can't just give up on them like that.

Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)