Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

update. ETA breast feeding.....or formula

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
I want to know your opinion and facts to support your opinion to help me with the decision. I am currently pregnant and will add my choices that I made for my first 2 later, if this doesnt turn into a bash/hate parade.

I should have known ugly would rear its face. Lol.
Well my first daughter, I was young, in foster care and formula fed because the other girls there did it as well. With my second child, I wanted to breast feed, but she was in the NICU and there policy was fresh, not frozen. I couldnt be there 24/7 because of my child at home and lack of support, I could only visit 5 hours a day and her stomach got upset after switching from breast to formula to breast. So she had formula. With my third, I will have all the support I need.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My opinion is...do what ever the hell you want. Its your kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I would talk to your doctor and do some research the benefits. This will become a heated/bash/hate parade with bitches lining up to do it! Good luck!

ARACMOM
by on May. 3, 2014 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone's situation is different. Do what works for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Lol thanks for the warning in advance. I have been doing research. Just so conflicting. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I would talk to your doctor and do some research the benefits. This will become a heated/bash/hate parade with bitches lining up to do it! Good luck!

Texor
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, there is plenty of info online about breast milk versus formula, but the truth is, I breast fed for so long because I was a lazy fuck that was NOT getting out of bed to make a bottle.  It was so easy to roll over (we co-slept) and feed the baby, change the diaper, and go back to sleep.  I never envied my friends who had to get our of bed and warm a bottle or any of that nonsense.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't able to go off heart medication that could be expressed through breastmilk, so formula it was.
lovinmybabe
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Do what works for your family, if you're comfortable nursing go for it and screw everyone that doesn't like it, if not and you wanna formula feed go for it and screw everyone that doesn't like it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM

My opinion is you should feed you kid!  My opinion is based on the fact that if you don't feed your kid it will starve!

TheFairest
by Zombie on May. 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I did both, it worked for me.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I am in the camp of feed the child.

Yes, breast is best except when it comes to the health of momma or child.  All of my children started off at breast, nearly starved one, nearly drove myself crazy with the second and had a stroke/heart failure shortly after the third.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)