• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have a child that is a sleep walker?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM
  • 17 Replies
Raymond does odd things in his sleep and I have a feeling he is going to be a sleep walker.

He will be totally sleep and sit up (sometimes even stand) in his bed with his eyes closed. He is totally asleep, but he will start moving his head and hands and make facial expressions like he is interacting with someone. He will nod and his mouth will move like he is talking, but no sound is coming out. His eyes never so much as flutter open. After a couple of minutes of looking like he is playing or interacting with someone, he will lay back down. Then, it's like it didn't even happen.

It is seriously one of the oddest things I've ever seen a baby do. It kind of creeps me out.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillsMOM72
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM
My son does and I do also. I think its hereditary because my Dad also does it.
PoisonEyeV
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

One of the twins sleep walks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Your son is possessed! Ahhh! lol

ciaras_mom_05
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM
No but here's a bump :)
TrouserMouse
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM
He reminds me of a puppet or doll from a horror movie when he does it. It is seriously creepy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your son is possessed! Ahhh! lol

catcameback
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM

ds comes out of his room and talks to me.  But it's like he's in a dream.  It's weird.  His eyes are fully opened and you can even talk to him and he'll respond.  Although his responses are strange.

For example, he'll come out and I'll say what's up?  He'll answer, but it will be something like, "you have to get the purple mushrooms from the sky" lol

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:10 AM
My 6 yr old will get up and walk around while crying hysterically. I have to hold her and calm her down. I lay her back in bed. She never remembers it. My older 3 will hold conversations and get up and walk around. It worries because all the bedrooms are up stairs.
polkaspots
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Dd used to stand up in bed for a few minutes at a time.
The kid was in a crib for like three years because she used to stand up and lean against the bars while she's completely asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammysMomma
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My step son was a sleep walker. He'd unlock doors and go outside. We had to buy a chain lock and wait till he went to bed to lock it cus if he seen us lock it he would get a chair in his sleep and unlock it. The good thing about his sleep walking was anytime he did anything bad he would sleep walk to our room that night and tell on himself lol. He could never find out how we knew when he was bad. 

ms.renae
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM
I use too, I haven't since I was 13. Both of the girls started the night before their 4th birthday's. They don't do it as often anymore. They are almost 8 & 10 now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)