Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying things for yourself

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Ever since I got pregnant with my oldest I cant bring myself to buy stuff for myself because when i do i feel so guilty. I always end up buying stuff for my kids. We had some extra money a couple of months ago and DH took me to a big mall and told me to get whatever I wanted. I went to build a bear and got stuff for my kids, went to the kids clothing stores and bought my kids some clothes, they didnt need them i just thought they were cute, and i think i got myself 1 shirt. Is anybody else like this?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firebird78
by JKL's mom on May. 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Yes :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I think it's just a "mom" thing for some of us, I very very rarely get myself anything aside from what I need..
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I used to be like that BUT now I buy too much stuff for all of us

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Yes. But I'm getting better about it. I actually took myself out to a movie, by myself, a few months back. It's the first time I've done ANYTHING fun for myself without the kids since dh and I separated two years ago.
ballerina18
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Me. I think it is mainly because I HATE clothes shopping though. Nothing ever fits me the way I want it to and clothes are too damn expensive. lol.

I have no problem spending money on my gym/ yoga memberships. =D I need to sweat for my sanity. lol

lnrmom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM
To an extent.

But I do a lot for myself now. I have even gone on vacation without them. It was awesome.
svolkov
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

i buy for myself often. however when  i go to the mall looking for something i usually cant find it and then find tons of cute stuff for the kids lol

Joie35
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:21 AM
When I have money I spoil my kids and myself equally lol
Dannygirl25
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Yes lol. I will got to the store for much needed clothes and end up with kid stuff
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM
If there's room for me I take it. Their needs come firs and most of their wants but I don't feel bad buying myself something. I've earned it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)