Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flipping Burgers at McDonalds wasn't meant to be a lifetime career.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

It is meant as a stepping stone/not comfort zone.   This is why they should NOT raise minimum wage.   It is no ones fault but your own that you can't make a living.  Maybe, if you a manager at McDonalds for 5,10,15 years (my minimum would be a year) and you haven't moved up, then it is time to look for a place of employment where you can move up.  Why should people working fast food be making $15/hr for screwing up orders? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh get over it and worry about yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Take an Economics class.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Oh hell you people need to get the fuck over it.
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM
I agree. I worked at a gas station for 8 years. Jobs in my area are insane hard to come by, and for 6 of those 8 years, I was job searching for a new job. Finally, almost a year ago, I found a better job. One I had to take classes for, but it was worth it. I now make almost $20 an hour, versus my measly $9.25 at the gas station.
falloutboy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Yeah, I was charged $8 for a $5 foot long the other day and could not be fucked to go back to sort it out. I called corporate and complained though...

I think the wages should be raised, but definitely not to that extent. Not everyone who works there is a fuck up. Getting laid off or not being able to find a job after finishing school is no one's fault. Think about it.
SKM1119
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM
While I do believe that people should constantly be trying to improve themselves, I do not know people's circumstances or why they do a certain job. That is whether that job is a stepping stone or a lifelong career. It's not my business not does it make me better than anyone.
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Because it's money.

Money does some magical things.

Get off your high horse and MYOB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Hahaha. I just got a job at McDonald's paying $9.25 an hr for crew. Yeah I will probably work up into management. My sister is a store manager for Arbys and makes a good pay check. You probably got fired from flipping burgers because you sucked at it. Oh I got the job because my husband has been out of work since nov and this will keep up from losing our home. So STFU.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Mobile Photo

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM
They shouldn't. My husband owns two convience stores. He pays his part time clerks $8.50 an hour, which is a fair wage for the job. We will have to reconsider even having the business if we have to double all the employees pay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)