Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to be a SAHM for a year

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
3 moms liked this
Finally paid off our house and my car and have enough money in the bank that we can afford to live comfortable on just one income so starting next month I'm quitting my job and finishing my last year of school as a SAHM. I'm excited and so are the kids. I just worry about it being difficult returning to work after being off that long but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM
You won't go back. You'll enjoy being home
JackieGirl007
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:41 AM

good luck

SKM1119
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:41 AM
While I wouldn't want to be a sahm as my job, a year off to tie up loose ends or even just be off would be FANTASTIC. Congrats!
ER-momma
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM
That's awesome. .. Have fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:44 AM
I'm excited about it. I've worked my ass off and did a lot of over time to become financially stable enough to do it. It hasn't been easy but 10 years of saving and here we are!

Quoting SKM1119: While I wouldn't want to be a sahm as my job, a year off to tie up loose ends or even just be off would be FANTASTIC. Congrats!
countrymomma81
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I just went back to work after being home for 5 years. Both kids in school all day and I had all day to get cleaning, shopping and errands done before they got home. I miss that freedom. But I like my weekly paycheck, haha!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:46 AM
I don't think I could handle it long term especially when the kids start school. I'll go nuts. I need to be busy.

Quoting Anonymous: You won't go back. You'll enjoy being home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:47 AM
I'm taking off and finishing my degree so I can finally be in a career field I want instead of settling like I've done for years.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I just went back to work after being home for 5 years. Both kids in school all day and I had all day to get cleaning, shopping and errands done before they got home. I miss that freedom. But I like my weekly paycheck, haha!

MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Good for you!  I was a SAHM for 3 1/2 years and I was was really nervous about going back to work!  I love my job though.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 4, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Congrats! As long as you volunteer and keep up with your skills, you shouldn't have any problem jumping back into the working world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)