• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd if this was your niece?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My sister is a single mother to a 14 yr old girl and a 13 yr old girl. Today sister wanted to go out so she asked if they can spend the night with me. I said yes. Well we're all having a conversation when my mom tells the 13 yr old to not sit on the floor because her butt would freeze. I said what butt? It was a joke that everyone teases her about because in the family we all have round butts and she has a flat one. Well she exploded and Began to go off on me about me being fat. I just had a baby so ofcourse my belly is still noticeable. She even quoted that meme of the girl with a flat butt and big belly that says your ass in on backwards. I told her to stop being so disrespectful but she continued to the poi t where she put it on facebook. I texted my sister right away because I wanted to vent. I told her to have fun but this will be the last time that her 13yr old spends the night here. She hasnt texted me back but I told the girls to just go to bed. I am fuming but I will not say anything or take out my anger at a girl which is why I sent them to bed.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommie_x0x
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:07 AM
Well you kind of asked for it. Clearly this isn't the first time someone has said something about her ass.
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 4, 2014 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol well... the truth hurts for both people.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 4, 2014 at 3:08 AM

She is 13 and teens don't have great judgement or know when to shut up HOWEVER The FB is a bit much. Just ignore her and let her mom deal with her.

mseelen
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Go talk to her. She is 13, hormonal, and we women have always struggled with body image. I would apologize and really get to the root of the problem. I'm sure she didn't mean what she said, she was just reacting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:10 AM
I believe children shouldnt disrespect adults. I did not saying anything other than what butt. She never seems upset or bothered when anyone says it.

Quoting mommie_x0x: Well you kind of asked for it. Clearly this isn't the first time someone has said something about her ass.
vlbomar
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:10 AM
Like I tell my kids- don't dish out what you can't swallow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Apparently the girl is tired of the "joke" made by the entire family.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

No offense, but you sort of asked for it.  I personally hate it when adults start teasing kids and then pull the, "You are being disrespectful to an adult" card when the child says something back.  

Chalk it up to experience.  Just make a note of it and in the future, don't tease her about her butt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I am ignoring her. I told them to go to bed and that was it. I am not going to talk about it with her or her mom again. I told my sister all I will say.

Quoting Sassy762:

She is 13 and teens don't have great judgement or know when to shut up HOWEVER The FB is a bit much. Just ignore her and let her mom deal with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM
So you can talk crap about her but can't take it? She is 13 calm down. You were wrong. Yes she was extra about it but she was probably at her boiling point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)