Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age did you let your daughter get her ears pierced?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My mom's rule was 10 years old, which was after it stopped being important to me. 

I was thinking 10 also, it's a good transitional age.

My daughter turns 6 this week. She is much more feminine than I ever was or am and I'm thinking about taking her to get it done as a surprise birthday gift. I'm not sure if she's responsible enough to take care of her ears while they're healing, but she picks out and lays out her clothes before bed without prompting and gets herself dressed in the morning, and remembers to take her Zyrtec every day. So I'm thinking about giving her the benefit of the doubt and just going for it while it's still really important to her.

What do you think? When did you let your daughter get her ears pierced, or when do you plan to?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

zeezoo
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

When she asks for them is when I am planning on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM
I pierced my dd's ears at a week old...At 7 she got her second holes done...(she asked I said ok and took her to have them done)

At 7 she took very good care of her ears and cleaned them with very little help)
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM

7  She's very responsible and did great.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM

I don't have a girl but with either boy or girl, they can't dye their hair, get piercings, or tattoos before the age of 17.

vbway
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:14 AM

I let them get them when they asked.  My oldest was 4 and my youngest was 5. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Whenever my daughter ask
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2014 at 3:16 AM
We did 7. Almost 8. Was going to wait for 12 but she wanted it bad and we needed a good Christmas present. Lol it was fun. Went with the girls in the family. Made a whole day of it. She's 12 now and I have not seen her wear an earing in at least 8 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Tosya on May. 4, 2014 at 3:16 AM

... ive had mine pierced since i was 2 months old and did my daughters around the same age cause she never grabbed her ears and I didnt have to worry about her not cleaning them and shes used to me changing out her earrings and cleaning them so its not a issue or a fight 

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:16 AM

She was 5/6 Can't really remember.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)