• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your husband cheated and u forgave him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
How did u deal w the pain? How did u get the images of him and her out of your head? How did u forgive? How long did it take? My heart feels physically broken.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Bump
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:56 AM
He hasn't, and wouldn't. I'd also never forgive something like that. Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greysonmommy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:57 AM
I couldn't forgive or forget....i am no help.....good luck and i hope all works out for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 6:59 AM

My husband cheated before we were married, we have done counseling and I still have pain when I think about it. It happened about 5years ago. I don't think I ever fully healed but we have moved on and it took a couple of years but he gained my trust back. I fully trust him now and am thankful I stuck around. With that being said though my husband was truly remorseful, that is the only reason I agreed to stay and work on things. The first year after it happened was horrible every time he left the house I would accuse him of cheating again. If you genuinely  feel like you want to stay and work things out then you should. Make sure he also wants to make thing work and not continue to cheat. Good luck with whatever you choose! I know it is so hard right now and your heart feels destroyed but time really does heal wounds.

mommytojaxon
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:02 AM
That's a deal breaker in my book mainly because I know myself and that's something I could never let go. I would constantly wonder and worry and drive myself insane. No way.
LClark1973
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:02 AM

How did u deal w the pain? It's not easy, I just distracted myself doing other things.

How did u get the images of him and her out of your head? Never had one. He does not admit to an actual act.

How did u forgive? It takes time and I went to therapy for it.

How long did it take? My heart feels physically broken. I still struggle with issues from it. It has been 5  years since the incident. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM
I didn't forgive him...I filed for divorce 2 weeks later. He wasn't sorry...continued lying and sneaking around. There was no way I was going to live the rest of my life worrying about what he was doing. It was a deal breaker, especially because it was with my very good friend/neighbor.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM
He has never cheated and I would never forgive him if he did. Our marriage would be over at that point.
jb0520
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM
I'm so sorry you're going through this, I wish you the best of luck. I know I could never forgive!
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on May. 4, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I forgive an ex-boyfriend that cheated on me. I claimed I got over it, I said I forgave him, but everytime we got into a fight, I wanted to bring up the cheating & go crazy. But I didn't. After 3 years, I walked away.. I am better for it.

He is now married & has a baby with the girl he cheated on me with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)