• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever pretended to be your Dh/So from their phone/fb/email?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

Have you ever pretended to be your Dh/So from their phone/fb/email/whatever?

Have you ever contacted a friend or family member of your Dh/So and messaged them as if you were your Dh/So?

Has anyone ever contacted you and you knew it wasn't them, that you were really talking to their Dw/So? 

If you've done that, WHY did you do that?

If someone has contacted you and you knew it wasn't the person they claimed to be, what did you do? How did you respond to them?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micksmom2
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM
2 moms liked this
No. I have no reason to do this. What would be my motivation?
aiyess
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM
No. If I'm using DH's phone, I let the other person know its me.
disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Why would I pretend to be my husband?  That's nasty.  DH and I use different phones and email so no, no one has ever contacted me and thought it was him.  If they called on our landline, I'd hope they could tell the difference.  My son and husband sound alike but I'm pretty sure I don't sound like a man.

cymkare
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM

No, I haven't. And if I ever answer a text or something for him because he asks me to since he's driving or otherwise busy I always start it out by saying "This is Kimberly, Adam is busy right now but he says..."

He does the same with my phone. We have no reason to pretend to be each other and also we aren't thirteen. 

facethetruth2b
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Yes I pretended to be my hubby to get a few bills paid and to change addresses . he is not a talk on the. Phone type .
I have had his coworkers try to trick me (he was in on it to) joke with me through text. I knew it was them so I played along for a few text and then said some off the wall shit. Then called his coworker out on it. My hubby just don't text like that so I knew.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I only do it with dh's ex wife. And it's nothing malicious. I just leave out that it's me. I'll let her know "aidens report card is here. He did good this nine weeks" "Aiden got his first run in baseball" "Aiden missed school today bc he's sick" etc. she is less than involved in ss's life and dh hates to talk to her. I feel like she deserves to know though. She rarely responds and I never go further than the initial text.
TurboMom81
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM
No.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM
No, and I won't.
You talking about that post from last night?
Bri060492
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Unless I'm messing around but only usually if they are phone calls. it usually takes the caller a few to realize it's me.
zoegirlsmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)