Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever cried about your kids growing up?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I must be hormonal as hell because last night after tucking dd into bed I balled my eyes out about how fast she is growing up and how big she's gotten. She is only 19 months but I miss her bring a tiny baby cradled in my arms. I know it's silly but it seriously makes me sad thinking how short the time was that we'd sit together in the rocking chair, her bundled up in a swaddling blanket and me singing her a song. If I could turn back time.... Dh said its ok we can have 12 more kids if that's what I want but that's not the same,..I want my little baby back, not a new one to replace her :-/
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cymkare
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 9 months and I do this all the time. Especially when I switch his clothes up a size or he has a growth spurt. Lol

So bittersweet. I sobbed when boxing up the newborn clothes. 

Brielle.Jude
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I was very hormonal, 1st ds was only 3 months old! Bahahaha :D
I was changing out all the clothes that didnt fit him anymore and replacing with new clothes, and i started crying, dh walked in and actually started recording me. He thought it was the funniest thing, and i did too after i was done bawling my eyes out. Funny little video we have now lol
I actually still get like, happy sad...if that makes sense :) its bittersweet to see your babies grow up, and it happens way too fast :(
Brielle.Jude
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
This is so funny! i was typing up my comment and when i posted it i saw yours and it was practically the same lol

Glad to know im not crazy for doing that haha :)

Quoting cymkare:

My son is 9 months and I do this all the time. Especially when I switch his clothes up a size or he has a growth spurt. Lol

So bittersweet. I sobbed when boxing up the newborn clothes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Daily. My youngest is 7 months and I had a hysterectomy after her. Realizing that I absolutely can not have more kids makes me so sad.
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on May. 4, 2014 at 8:27 AM
All the time 😫😫😫
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:30 AM

At first I was but now I'm glad they are almost grown. I'm tired of raising kids. lol. My kids are 18, 16 and 7. By the time the 7 year old is 18 I will be 49.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Just last night I teared up as I was taking pics of my oldest & his gf heading off to prom!

And when my youngest (who will be 5 at the end of the month) started doing things like putting on his own shoes, zipping his jacket, etc. I didn't with the others but I know my youngest will always be my baby so it's extra special. Also last summer I got rid of his toddler bed, the next day he got kinder shots, & then the following week he moved up a class in daycare. List of tears then. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Yes lol
bhow
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I have cried many times for many reasons, over these kids, including that they are growing up too fast.  The worst was when the oldest went to her 5th/6th grade dance, I was a basket case.  I couldn't stay away from the front door waiting for her dates mom to bring her home.  Took her shopping so many times to find just the right dress and shoes ... poor kid!  She is 16 now, has "only" been 16 since March 30th.  I have cried several times.  I miss my babies, I  miss how much fun they were.  The younger one (13) is easier for me to accept things with but, I still cry for the feeling of loss ... and gains.  I think it means we're good mother's and truly cherish our children, I think it makes us what we are ... the nurturer's.  Hubby and I went to a wedding yesterday and I cried thinking about when we're the ones giving away our daughters.  It never ends cause we'll cry when they have their first kid ... ...I know just how you feel.

Sharbear42371
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I have several times.  1st day of school was a rough on for me.  The first time I was unable to pick him up was also a sad reminder of how big he was getting.   The 1st time he pulled away when I tried to hold his hand in public.  My son is now 11 and it makes me sad to think in just a couple of years he will be a teen and probably hate everything I say and do.  It goes by so fast.  I love that kid so much and nothing has given me more joy than being his mom.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)