Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with twins

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I'm expecting twins in September. I know they're likely to come early, I was just wondering how far along you were and how big your babies were. Did you need a c section?Did they have a long hospital stay?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I have two sets of twins. Both full term (39+6 and 40+3), vaginal births. Babies weighed 5.10/5.15 then 6.1/6.4. No hospital stay.

TallChic
by Stacey on May. 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mine were born at 36 w 4 d... They were born csection. My son weighed 7 lb 2 oz and my daughter was 6 lb 1 oz. They spent no time in the nicu and came home with me 3 days after they were born. They will be 14 next month.
bluemountain75
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM
All I have to say about the moms who have twins. . . I really admire each and every one you.
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM
They don't have to come early, just usually do. I'm scared about when mine will come. I'm 8 weeks with twins right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I know they dont have to, it is likely though. Congrats. Good luck :)

Quoting booaura: They don't have to come early, just usually do. I'm scared about when mine will come. I'm 8 weeks with twins right now.
tinybluemoon
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I was 37 weeks, but my sons were tiny. DS1 was 5lbs and DS2 was 4 lb 11 ounces. They were born naturally. We were told they would have to stay in NICU for a month, but they were only in there for a little under two weeks, and that was mainly because DS2 had kidney problems. It was fine because I was in for 10 days anyway.

I always have very small babies though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:02 AM
How are they now (health wise) ?

Quoting tinybluemoon:

I was 37 weeks, but my sons were tiny. DS1 was 5lbs and DS2 was 4 lb 11 ounces. They were born naturally. We were told they would have to stay in NICU for a month, but they were only in there for a little under two weeks, and that was mainly because DS2 had kidney problems. It was fine because I was in for 10 days anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Wow :)

Quoting bcoll:

I have two sets of twins. Both full term (39+6 and 40+3), vaginal births. Babies weighed 5.10/5.15 then 6.1/6.4. No hospital stay.

tinybluemoon
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Perfect. No real issues with either of them. Average height,weight and intellegence.

Quoting Anonymous: How are they now (health wise) ?
Quoting tinybluemoon:

MamaCeleste0722
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:07 AM
My twin boys were born at 34w2d. They were 4 lbs 11 oz and 5 lbs 12 oz. They were in the special care nursery for 1 week. I did have a c/s
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)